MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not really. Not sure what your guy's deal is but this place has turned into a dumpster!

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Speaking as a moderator, and not as an active forum member, when you manage to insult two very helpful and upstanding members of this society in, what appears to be, you first foray into conversation here, and you don't have the maturity to see that, then my recommendation would be to reflect on what you initiated looking at it from a worldly, rather than selfish, point of view.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I will second Chucks notion, but will admit that I did not follow all the commotion until informed by PM via another member. I closed the thread, no need for that sort of behaviour to carry on in that section, senior members should know better also.

Ps. tip to Entropy, if you thanked the guys who did realy try and help you, you might have found happiness in the dumpster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what specifically did I say to insult them? Did I call them names? Did I question their integrity? Explain that statement. I simply posted a wtb ad, only one that got called names was me (idiot and stupid to be exact). I was respectful of the members and was clear as to what I was looking for and it was the reaction of a few members and the ensuing mob mentality.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Entropy... Just adding some chaos :D

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
So what specifically did I say to insult them? Did I call them names? Did I question their integrity? Explain that statement. I simply posted a wtb ad, only one that got called names was me (idiot and stupid to be exact). I was respectful of the members and was clear as to what I was looking for and it was the reaction of a few members and the ensuing mob mentality.

Post # 19 is where it broke down. This is your quote:

"Yeah, seems pretty hospitable so far:jerkoff:"

You initiated the break-down.

You were not called an idiot until several posts later. Frankly, you were being antagonistic. People wanted to help you. Those people have the resources and contacts to help you. Using :jerkoff: as a communication doesn't bolster your case, or improve your image, or endear you to the forum.

You made the choice.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Maybe some of the guys involved in that squabble, could put their hands up and say "'Maybe we misunderstood your intentions, and maybe "Entropy" could accept that'" , hell knows miracles are real, I've heard.

Still not sure what this statement means, when coming from a new member - (No, not really. Not sure what your guy's deal is but this place has turned into a dumpster!)

PS. If I wasn't saving up for another race gearbox, I'd be onto that swing-arm which Eddy posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You were not called an idiot until several posts later. Frankly, you were being antagonistic. People wanted to help you. Those people have the resources and contacts to help you. Using :jerkoff: as a communication doesn't bolster your case, or improve your image, or endear you to the forum.

You made the choice.
Which was a response to post #10. He did not have the items I was looking for and decided to interject his opinion. I responded to that. I don't need 30 opinions as to how I conduct transactions. If I post up something wanted. I expect for someone to say yea I got one and the. We conduct a private transaction. I don't expect to get a bunch of dudes telling me HOW I should be thankful there is a vendor willing to source a part. Had I wanted that route I would have gone that route.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Maybe you should listen to those gentlemen. They are the experts...and the ones who may have the parts, or a source for the parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you should listen to those gentlemen. They are the experts...and the ones who may have the parts, or a source for the parts.
Who said I wasnt? There seemed to be some misunderstanding between swingarms with Joe. I was already aware he has a hub axle listed. JDS asked me about budget and I have an answer "cheap as possible" to which he tapped out of looking (which I never requested). I have three ways I can go with this project, I have two swingarms which I can adapt or I can buy the 2010, the decision will be down to what presents itself as the best option. I put the thread out in the for sale section to see if anyone had an inexpensive cosmetically challenged part to get rid of. I was aware of the eBay listing when I posted it. A lot of people jumped to a lot of conclusions about my intentions in what frankly wasn't their business. Had I wanted to discuss or debate I would have posted in a discussion section, I posted a wanted thread in the appropriate section. I got one response from a person with some of the parts(gotojoe), one from a parts dealer (JDS) and one from someone who came across the parts on eBay. The rest where people who decided to interject their opinion into my want ad. Then after they call me names you claim it was me who started it which frankly is pretty chicken shit. Finally my thread gets locked because the good people of this site act like a bunch of children and resort to name calling.

Dons, you asked what I meant by my initial post. I used to frequent this site when Alvin ran it. Never really posted, but lurked and found it informative and the people seemed genuinely nice. Times and his site clearly have changed when someone posts a simple classified ad and the mob mentality takes over. I would call that shameful.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

You made the choice.
Didn't know you could speak Lithuanian Chuck (my 'idiot' post)
Maybe some of the guys involved in that squabble, could put their hands up and say "'Maybe we misunderstood your intentions, and maybe "Entropy" could accept that'" , hell knows miracles are real, I've heard.

Still not sure what this statement means, when coming from a new member - (No, not really. Not sure what your guy's deal is but this place has turned into a dumpster!)

PS. If I wasn't saving up for another race gearbox, I'd be onto that swing-arm which Eddy posted.
Sorry if I'm out of line Donsy but I don't think I misunderstood any of Entropy's posts. From my perspective he went out of his way to be obnoxious...and I will stick up for my friends til the last drop of my blood lays on the ground, Chris

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I would be clueless without this site and its wealth of knowledge from the members on it.
Anyone else can pound sand
Now that's an 18th post:naughty:

Ooooooooooo - I love a good conspiracy theory.

I've noticed if you remove ENTP from Entropy you are left with (Whispering) Roy!
:wtf::jsm: Mind. Blown.

Well, guess I wasn't wrong. I'll leave you to your little slice of heaven. I'm out.
Aww man don't go... Unless you really are Roy, then go.

I feel like everyone got off on the wrong foot. People here are super helpful, but like any international forum, stuff gets lost in translation all the time. I thought col called me a geezer one time, and cussed him out. Now we're good buddies. Introduce yourself, or even just fill out your profile page so we know more about you or where you are in the world. I already know that swissinn is a chap named David who lives in Canada and likes to run(me too) and shoot guns(me too), and might be a bureaucrat. :D
Who are you?:popcorn:

p.s.
Hi Roy! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
The spirit of the song "Everybody Loves Me Baby" by Don McLean comes to my mind

Entropy, here is my unsolicited opinion of why this went wrong. Here I am only speaking from my impression of your written word. First let's take the meaning of your chosen forum moniker: Entropy. I know you know what it means and its implication. That formed an opinion in my mind as would a person's first appearance at an interview.

Your initial contact with the forum, under that moniker, was to sell parts off a bike. That all seemed well-and-good...but unusual as there was no introduction on your part. Anonymous members have stirred the pot here terribly in the last couple of years. so my guard goes up a notch. Then you decide to keep the bike and cancel the sales...your prerogative.

Your next foray in this forum is to source a swing-arm. Your OP could be read two ways: "Sell me your used swing-arm", or "Help me find a used swing-arm". Your wording was ambiguous at best.

Now, people try to help you find what you need. That is the nature of the good people of this forum. Many resources can be bent to your advantage simply by being civil and polite. When folks ask for clarification to help narrow your search and find what you need, you become agitated that folks would want a bit more information and respond in an offensive manner for, what I see as, no appropriate reason.

Now I reflect back to your moniker and wonder if it isn't a former, now banned, member back to have another round. Yes, that is what crossed my mind...as, it appears, it crossed other's minds.

You are headstrong and insolent, as shown by the words you have chosen and the tack you took, and the folks of the forum responded to that. These people also tried to explain why they responded as they did, and you, again, showed a bit of your character by starting the "This Place Is Great thread"...

Yes, this forum has changed greatly since Alvin was the sole owner and Chief Cook-and-Bottle-Washer. There are many more people, many more bike models, and many more attacks to the civility largely expressed here. Some of us have been around longer than others and have witnessed the changes come about. Some of the changes have been good, others have caused consternation; but this place is hardly "a dumpster" and it will not become one unless people with short-sighted opinions and arrogance try to take it there.

I don't normally respond so verbosely to a non-technical post; BUT, something about this exchange has gotten my goat...and I want my goat back.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Not worth the energy guys!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts