MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20,103 Posts
But you do get some benefits.....car, phone, computer, employee purchase....I presume travel costs are reimbursed.

PLUS, you get to make sure the MV dealers improve and address all the parts supply and service concerns...just think, you would be a hero on the forum!!!! :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
£20k a year with the opportunity to double it is crap?? I think there are a lot of people out there who would be very pleased with that package. There are lots of unemployed highly skilled people around. Less than 12 months ago I was struggling to find a job and I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and 30 years relative work experience, I was lucky I now have well paid steady employment. You must have a good job, I'd suggest you hang on to it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That role could be okay for someone who can take some serious verbal crap from disgruntled MV buyers & dealers. It could break a weak man when the:shitfan:!

Thinking back to the amount of shouting and complaining I did to my dealer along with many others it must of worn them down because they ended up dumping MV.

·
Registered
208 Posts
£20k a year with the opportunity to double it is crap?? I think there are a lot of people out there who would be very pleased with that package. There are lots of unemployed highly skilled people around. Less than 12 months ago I was struggling to find a job and I have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering and 30 years relative work experience, I was lucky I now have well paid steady employment. You must have a good job, I'd suggest you hang on to it.
There is nothing wrong with the pay & jobs at the moment are hard come by in these times. It will certainly give someone a smile if they get it.

I really feel sorry for some guys as I have people sending letters to me & CV"s asking for work with a real sad covering letter. Example- I am 58yrs old & never been unemployed before & I am willing to work any hours available for standard rate etc etc.

These are really talented & skilled men who I would give a job to anyday but unfortunately times are tough & I can not see me taking anyone on in the very distant future! Shame.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John
I value the accumulated knowledge and experience that I have gathered over 30yrs plus far far higher than a £20k basic or even twice that.

The bonus will come as a result of meeting and exceeding targets and service level agreements etc.So its not given for nothing.

However the depth of business knowledge required to know and advise dealers on "Dealer Composites" and how to improve their businesses is worth more than £20k + bens.

Yes I do have a good well paid job but was without work for 6 months whilst I waited for the right opportunity to come along.

It would be a good job at around £35k basic and £20k available as bonuses etc.

Of course these are just my opinions.

A

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
25 days vacation? 25 days?! You have to work 15 years at the same business here to get that. Some people never get it. Ask Matty.

Except teachers. They get lots of vacation.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
This job sounds a little like being a Waiter in a fancy restaurant.....You have to front the restaurant with a smile..put up with some serious grief from the customers..and give the chef hell when the standards slip..without upsetting him too much as he can sack you......and the tips equate to performance related pay...which of course is dependant on the whole house pulling in the right direction.

Sounds like a challenge..
joe

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
25 days vacation? 25 days?! You have to work 15 years at the same business here to get that. Some people never get it. Ask Matty.

Carl, Just imagine..It's 8.00am Monday morning..You park the car on the car park...trudge into the school building...walk along the longest corridor and there lurking behind the door, waiting is a class full of delightful young teenagers who were discussing the previous week's lesson and greet you with " Good morning Sir"

Only that's fantasy..!! Wear a flak Jacket and ear plugs and consult your calendar for the end of Semester date..: )

joe

·
Administrator
20,103 Posts
I wonder if that 25 days includes holidays such as Christmas (we in the USA get a fair number of those).

I know a few teachers....they deserve the "summer vacation", they have to put up with the spoiled, ill prepared children whose parents do nothing to support the teacher, instead blaming the teacher. They also end up working during vacation studying and preparing for next year and the constantly changing standards they must meet.
My neighbor leaves for school each morning well before 7 am, and generally gets home around 7 that evening, unless he has parent-teacher conferences or other school mandated activities that keep him there later. He also has to provide the majority of his classroom supplies out of his own pocket.

I think our teachers are terribly underpaid, especially when compared in value to society with, let's say, a bank CEO. Think we would have better teachers in our schools if we paid them well?

OK...off topic thread hi-jack. Back on topic:

The motorcycle business is not a known for high pay (exception: some dealership owners have done quite well in the past, not so much today). You accept the low pay to be working in a business you have a passion for. Let's face it, bikes are fun.

So how much vacation is normal for folks outside the USA...

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
So, we all agree then? Teachers get lots of vacation?

Try as I might I can't find any correlation between teacher performance and pay. If anyone has those studies please pass them along.

I disagree with you. I think teaching is a pretty sweet gig if you can tolerate the little bastards.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Carl, Just imagine..It's 8.00am Monday morning..You park the car on the car park...trudge into the school building...walk along the longest corridor and there lurking behind the door, waiting is a class full of delightful young teenagers who were discussing the previous week's lesson and greet you with " Good morning Sir"

Only that's fantasy..!! Wear a flak Jacket and ear plugs and consult your calendar for the end of Semester date..: )

joe
Precisely. That is why they are so highly paid.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Agreed soungs more like an entry level position based upon the Salary and responsibility. Just my thoughts.
"Well, when I were a lad we had to pay t'mill owner for priviledge of going t'work and when we got 'ome our dad would thrash us to sleep..."

" luxury"

joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Aha , but I happen to know that in the public schools the teachers don't get paid during the summer break... : )
Unless they choose to. Then if they do, they get a smaller check while school is in session. Teacher's in this state have that choice.

But we probably shouldn't continue to discuss why teachers are over paid in this thread. Start another one Joe, or Ed, I'll gladly join in!

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
"Aye"

"Well, when I were a lad we had to pay t'mill owner for priviledge of going t'work and when we got 'ome our dad would thrash us to sleep..."

" luxury"

joe
"Luxury"

Right... I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

"Aye"

·
Registered
909 Posts
When it says that the individual must ensure "all MV standards are maintained.", surely that should read "sorted and improved."????????

·
Registered
267 Posts
We lived in 't cardboard box in middle o 't motorway and had gravel fer wa tea, kids today eh?:blah:

·
Registered
405 Posts
You get what you pay for and this kind of position which seems to be managing the UK sales should command a much higher salary.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts