MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying this is the first I've ever been able to say that. I was taking a short two mile ride to the gym this morning when all of a sudden the flashing lights were behind me.

Was I speeding? Probably. Did I have my wallet and/or drivers license on me? No. He said he pulled me over for my taillights not working, but then said he didn't care, and there was not going to be a ticket.

Said he'd rather talk about the bike! Wow! Guess there's my one get out of jail free card, lol.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
very lucky. i wish that had happened to me on Monday night! i got busted for filtering. possible 3 points + fine:bawling:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Guess my next question should be why my rear tail lights aren't working. Real brakes and blinkers are fine....i'll post a question in the proper forum page.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Light bulb?
BTW would that be a big ticket in Your neck of the woods?
I mean a light bulb could fail wile You are riding.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Let me start by saying this is the first I've ever been able to say that. I was taking a short two mile ride to the gym this morning when all of a sudden the flashing lights were behind me.

Was I speeding? Probably. Did I have my wallet and/or drivers license on me? No. He said he pulled me over for my taillights not working, but then said he didn't care, and there was not going to be a ticket.

Said he'd rather talk about the bike! Wow! Guess there's my one get out of jail free card, lol.
One more thing a Jap bike can't do!

·
Registered
329 Posts
too bad the cops on the east coast dont care what kind of bike you ride theyre just for the most part prejudice against riders on sport bikes,although a few have said thanks for pulling over they still slapped me with a ticket

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Light bulb?
BTW would that be a big ticket in Your neck of the woods?
I mean a light bulb could fail wile You are riding.
The ticket for a light bulb not much. But a ticket for speeding and not having a license on me would have been substantially higher, lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lucky you! Here in Washington the cops have really cracked down on bikers riding without motorcycle endorsements on their driver's licenses. I got stopped by a BMW-riding Sheriff for doing about 43 in a 35 zone but all he wanted to see was my endorsed license. Let me off with just a warning to slow down in that area. He told me most of his stops don't have the endorsement and it's now an automatic $700 fine!! I was riding my vintage Ironhead Sportster at the time, not the F4.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts