MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great article, well written
lets start the debate
i wonder if the pot stirer will voice his opinion here..... where are u mate..

\I personally dont think he should, he is good for the sport and he still loves it, and the fans love him, and his passion is still there, and yes maybe he is older, but he can still ride well. Will he get another championship? maybe not, can he beat the youn pups, maybe not, but im taking a page from Jakes book, and im being optimistic.. So cmon Rossi.... one more win, 2 more wins, keep riding

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motorcycling/should-rossi-retire

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Without reading: Yes.
Dont care he's still quick, dont care if he's potentional podium contendor. Dont care hes passionated.

All doesnt matter. My personal reason is: Make room for new generation of riders.
Bequase this old fart is staying in this class, Quarataro doesnt get the factory seat he clearly deserves.
(*For those saying its only his 2nd year, look at Leclerc in Formula 1. In only his 2nd year to Ferrari and doing outstanding. These kids know how to ride & drive)

And to think about it some more, Zarco couldve gotten the Petronas yamaha as a seat instead of the utter crap Avintia ducati. Have fun at the back of the field and RIP career.

Time to step up. Way to late.
At end of 2015/2016 where he ended P2 behind Lorenzo was his moment to step up, end on a high.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I cannot understand why this is so often a public debate of whether Rossi should or shouldn't go.

Who are we to determine the the future career of any sports person whether it be motorcycle racing, football, or track and field. His age should not be a factor and his performance is the business of his employer: Yamaha. Sure there is a suggestion that VR rules the roost in the paddock, but if Yamaha had no faith in his ability and potential to regain podium and winning status, VR just wouldn't be on the bike.

For me, there is no case to answer that Quatararo, Vinales, or any other rider be 'given' Rossi's place in the garage. They might be well on the way to earning it; and their results have exceeded those of VR. That will be very closely discussed within the Yamaha camp and it will be a decision between VR and Yamaha as to when it's time to go.

If I were Valentino Rossi, I would be totally pissed about the never-ending, repetitive editorials suggesting that 'it's time to go'.:|

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well put nigel, very well put

If I were Valentino Rossi, I would be totally pissed about the never-ending, repetitive editorials suggesting that 'it's time to go'.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Well said, Nigel.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I only read a few paragraphs before I got bored with it. It is not for us to judge. He is clearly enjoying the racing, we are enjoying watching him and others.

If results were the only measure, the paddock and grid would be nearly empty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts