MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to express my gratitude to all the forum members on here that contribute their expertise and experiences with the repair and maintenance of their bikes.

I have a 2004 SPR that I stored for a good 2-3 years. I would start it every now and again to keep the fluids going in it but one day it wouldn't start.

With the help of the search function I was able to determine that my fuel pump was dead. I replaced it and the bike fired up again.

I proceeded to do all the general maintenance, new plugs, brake/clutch fluids, oil change, chain cleaning and lube, coolant flush etc.. all with help from searching old post from my fellow forum members.

After my maintenance, I put some seafoam in the gas tank to try to clean up the old gas that may have been in the fuel system. The bike fired up for the first few days but suddenly stopped starting soon after.

Again I searched the old posts here and found some troubleshooting tips that really helped me to determine what was going on. At first, I thought maybe my ECU had gone bad because intake #1 and #4 was not getting hot at the header when trying to start the bike. But I dug deeper and found that two of my fuel injectors (#1 and #4) were completely clogged. I was able to remove them and send them to a place Noel recommended (RC injection). They confirmed my diagnosis and within 24 hours I had my bike running again. I wonder if it was the seafoam that maybe contributed to the clogging?

At any rate, I am a very happy guy thanks to everyone's contributions here. I was able to save a ton of money because I didn't have to take my bike to the dealer to find out what was wrong. I also learned so much about my bike in the past few weeks.

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nice story with a happy ending, this forum is the only reason I can afford to have my MV`s as it enables me to get the info that otherwise wouldn`t be available, glad it helped you too.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Just one of the reasons this forum is a great place to hang out. I've gotten a lot of assistance and questions answered here as well.

·
Registered
814 Posts
+1

Nice story with a happy ending, this forum is the only reason I can afford to have my MV`s as it enables me to get the info that otherwise wouldn`t be available, glad it helped you too.
Yep same here. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't be able to afford to keep mine.

Great thread and glad it had a happy ending.

Cheers guys, you're a good bunch! :friday:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts