MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've got a handlebar mounted, waterproof twin-USB outlet. The negative lead will go to the battery terminal but the + has an inline fusible link and meant to go to the ignition switch. I've got the manual/electrical diagram but any tips for best place and/or how to attach the lead? :drummer:

cheers, Claudio

·
Vendor
5,365 Posts
Your positive lead with fuse can go direct to the + on the battery,just means you have constant power to your outlet.Otherwise you have to carefully pull back the rubber boot behind your speedo,and with a test light find the wire that gives power when the ignition is turned on.Sorry can't remember the wire colour but you will find it.When you find the correct wire just splice (solder) your accessory wire into it and use heat shrink or tape to insulate again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mitchy, many thx for that tip. I've got the heat shrink etc and will find that ignition wire, cheers

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
A second option is to put a relay between it and the battery + and tap into the tail light to activate the relay when the key is on.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts

·
Vendor
5,365 Posts
Good idea Chuck,havn't see those before over here.
Claudio,looked up the wiring diagram on my bike 1078 F4 and it looks like the wire colour is White/Brown,look for that colour first and check with your test light.Just make sure the rubber boot is pushed on all the way and secured with a cable tie when finished the job.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
I've got one on my Ducati Monster and it works a treat!

·
Vendor
5,365 Posts
Chuck we are soo behind the times over here.America is probably 2 years in front of us when it comes to technology and new ideas,not to mension suppliers.To get MV parts we only have dealers otherwise its hop on the internet.:bawling:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey silentservice703, great idea. Just bagged one off aerostitch. Thx for all the tips guys, much appreciated
cheers Claudio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts