MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finished up installing the GPR V4 steering stabilizer on my F3 and I have to say it is night and day for the stability of the bike while under hard acceleration. As you all know, the front end of the F3 likes to come up under hard acceleration causing the front end to feel somewhat unstable during shifts. I noticed that I was quite fearful while trying to push my F3 before the addition of the GPR stabilizer. I also have to mention, this modification is not for the light hearted. You have to really consider function over ascetics because this thing is hideous. It protrudes about 4-5 inches above the steering column. I guess it’s the price you pay for going with it considering it runs a few hundred dollars cheaper than a completive companies linear design stabilizer (Ohlins).
I’ve included some pics of the stabilizer installed as well as some pics of the recent modifications:
GPR V4 Steering Stabilizer
Side Shot of the GPR V4 Installed

Sitting on the bike

Front view

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Nice photos,

Agreed on the GPR being ugly. I much prefer the Ohlins unit from Motocorse.

Love the rear sets (Reverse Shift?) and shorty levers. Tail tidy looks slick too, get some Rizoma LED indicators for it and the clear front indicators.

Can you still put a paddock stand on with the rear wheel slider? Seems like an oversight of that design.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Yeah the GPR is probably us ugly as it gets, and there are options other than the Ohlins part available, and probably work better at higher performance requirements.
PTsalas, not many of those rear axle slider offer a stand option, some do, but you need a specific stand adaptor for it, and it's not a single sided stand.

Rekedevoate, pick your heading per part/per section a bit better man :ahhh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after calling moto forma, they are allowing me to exchange this for the ohlins steering damper because I can't stand the way it looks. Of course there will be a little difference in price but hay, at least it won't look as bad.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
So after calling moto forma, they are allowing me to exchange this for the ohlins steering damper because I can't stand the way it looks. Of course there will be a little difference in price but hay, at least it won't look as bad.
Good man :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you live on the west coast and do not have a parts place for your MV, I highly recommend Moto Forza!!! Hassle free interactions and very supportive and knowledgeable staff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts