MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex at Gutsy Performance is definitely a rare breed. I truly feel he will do whatever it takes to help. I had a great experience with my first (but definitely not the last) order with him. Thank you, Art

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wish I could say the same. I lost $600 to this man.

Alex sold/shipped me one of his Disco Volante's and didn't disclose it had a fiberglass tank. He claimed he didn't know. Uh, that's just about impossible as that's what the bike revolves around! It was the first thing I checked when the bike came off the shipping truck.

Anyway, I threatened legal action (fraud) and he took the bike back minus the $600 shipping I paid. Poof, $600 gone!

I later noticed he had a metal tank fab'd and resold the bike. I wonder if it was disclosed that the tank wasn't OEM to whomever bought the bike...? You can do a search on this site and see photos of the fab'd tank.

Another bad experience -

I bought a Brutale seat on GP's online store. The site claimed GP had 3 seats in stock. The charge went through on my CC and 24 hours later I got a call from Alex saying they don't have the seat I wanted in stock, but that they had a different color seat in stock they would be happy to send me. I questioned the quantity shown available online and he stated it was incorrect. Ever hear of bait and switch..? It took another 72 hours for my CC to be credited.

Yet another bad experience -

I bought a Brutale Tank pad from GP for $25, shipping was $20 to a California address! Are you kidding me? I should have cancelled the order, but I needed the tank pad as it wasn't available from MV anymore. The tank pad arrived and the "red" color was way off from the original, it turned out to be a "repro" pad. I didn't even want to deal with a return to GP so I was out another $45.

Yeah, never again!

I've heard other horror stories from other guys on this site that I "know" personally, but then I read all these "greatest thing since sliced bread" posts. Makes me laugh as I wonder if friends of friends are writing positive reviews....?

I've had 3 "strikes" and I don't plan on being "out" again, so it's not happening ever again, as I don't think my 3 strikes were a coincidence.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So defaming someone who has had a good experience helps your cause in what way? Create a new thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts