MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone run as far as tire pressure? factory spec? Something you've found that makes the bike feel or handle better? Summer /winter?
Hot / colder days tracks?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Michelin Powers I run at 33fr, 35rear, these Supercorsa's MV says 33/33, Pirelli's web site says 36/39? but I've not had a real dry test of them at the higher pressures, they felt hard enough as in harsh at the lower pressure, reckon i'm going back to Michelins for the summer

·
Registered
473 Posts
on Michelin´s used 33 front and 35 rear.
on pirellis supercorsa use 35/39 front/rear. I dont imagine using lower pressures with these tyres, they will not last on Highways for example.
Will try corsaIII with same pressure 35/39, but only in January.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Anyone ever put Nitrogen or CO2 in their tyres instead of just air? :idea:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
CO2 is not a good idea. It works in a pinch when you need roadside inflation and can get it from a small cartridge. The probelm is that with CO2 you wou'll lose pressure fairly quickly - the molecules find their way out.
Some racers advocate nitrogen for it's dryness and stability. You'll get a different pressure rise (from temperature) with it though.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I have never heard of using co2, we used to use n2 in the race car tyres, it does'nt make a great difference to hot or cold running pressures, but what it does do with proper purging is it guarantee's that you will have no moisture in the tyre, moisture in a race tyre is the last thing you need, with race tyres running at 100c and sometimes over the water expansion and subsequent pressue increase is not desireable :)
"air content table"

Nitrogen N2 78.084 %
Oxygen O2 20.9476 %
Argon Ar 0.934 %
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.0314 %
Neon Ne 0.001818 %
Methane CH4 0.0002 %
Helium He 0.000524 %
Krypton Kr 0.000114 %
Hydrogen H2 0.00005 %
Xenon Xe 0.0000087 %

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
man, you guys are really smart and informed. you never know how detailed a response you will get around here. :king:

·
Registered
503 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I have never heard of using co2, we used to use n2 in the race car tyres, it does'nt make a great difference to hot or cold running pressures, but what it does do with proper purging is it guarantee's that you will have no moisture in the tyre, moisture in a race tyre is the last thing you need, with race tyres running at 100c and sometimes over the water expansion and subsequent pressue increase is not desireable :)
"air content table"

Nitrogen N2 78.084 %
Oxygen O2 20.9476 %
Argon Ar 0.934 %
Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.0314 %
Neon Ne 0.001818 %
Methane CH4 0.0002 %
Helium He 0.000524 %
Krypton Kr 0.000114 %
Hydrogen H2 0.00005 %
Xenon Xe 0.0000087 %
Right. I expected someone to call me out with references to Boyle's law or Laussac or some such that proves all gases expand uniformly with respect to temperature rise. It's the moisture content that causes the difference - that's why I mentioned N2's dryness and stability.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Koop said:
Right. I expected someone to call me out with references to Boyle's law or Laussac or some such that proves all gases expand uniformly with respect to temperature rise. It's the moisture content that causes the difference - that's why I mentioned N2's dryness and stability.
:) Damn...your too quick, worked in gas liquifraction for years and waited years for this opportunity!!! :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts