MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friend and I went to the Flea Market to our usual vinyl guy, and he set aside a reciever for us...well two. My buddy got some Technics reciever to replace his recoton preamp, and I got this for $50:

Onkyo TX 4500. No blown bulbs, and runs STRONG. I figured I'de use this to replace my little black box phono preamp for my turntable, as well as let myself dive a little into some floorspeakers. The front lettering is rubbed off. It's supposed to be black, but you can still make it out. I actually kinda dig it this way...looks like matte labeling.

The thing is the absolute TITS, and I can't be happier. Now I know why the vinyl head say "You haven't heard bass, till you've heard vinyl bass"...and why so many people favor vinyl over CDs for home listening....I've been pulled to the vinyl side....

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at getting some Marantz receivers off eBay, but found this to be very comparable and close. And well, it saved me a bit of money from having to buy a Marantz, as well as getting something 40 lbs shipped to my house.

The indicators aren't as fancy blue as a Marantz, but the thing sure does sound pretty....

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, yeah, it's older than me...I was born in 82 (!)...but it's definitly swank. I love it to death, and am finding it hard to listen to CDs again, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts