MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fit and finish not impressed with,
The baffle screws had green loctite on the. All 3 stripped.
Had to cut a groove in them to get the screws out.
Baffles wouldn't come out.
Seems the tips were not round and the baffles cut and marked up all 3 tips.

Had to cut about 1/16th or so off the muffle end that goes into the header. it was too long. no bolts would align at all. even moving the sliding bolt mounts.

No baffles this thing is LOUD
But the baffles won't go back in.

Should have done the FM :( :thewife:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes - EU regs now state that exhausts are not allowed to be tampered with.

Did you not try it with the baffles in first?

Re fitting it - I struggled at first but then removed my footpeg and fastened that to the exhaust and then bolted the footpeg to the chasis - made it all much easier.

·
Registered
451 Posts
All that said, once you get the bolts out (Loctite is easy to remove once you have the knack) the baffles should have just slid out. And putting them back in is the reverse of removal - you may need to replace your bolts I guess though...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All that said, once you get the bolts out (Loctite is easy to remove once you have the knack) the baffles should have just slid out. And putting them back in is the reverse of removal - you may need to replace your bolts I guess though...

Bolts have to be replaced.
I need top clean all the left over loctite out of the well nuts on the baffles and find new bolts.
The baffles would not come. I may shave some material off the baffles to fit in the holes smoother when i find new bolts.

I waiting to hear back from QD about this.

It sucks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Fitted the QD as you can at least control the noise level by removing one or two baffles. Found by removing two the noise level was acceptable. Previous exhaust ZERO, sound was brilliant, but the noise level got to me in the end, FM would probably be similar.

Yes it was difficult to remove the original retaining screws, when the baffle had been removed, end cap secured by using a lock nut with the original bolt.

There was a problem after 1000 miles or so, coating started to peel, system returned to QD and then received a surprise.
If db's are REMOVED, warranty is void!!!
Which is ridiculous, considering the system is sold with detachable db's.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted the QD as you can at least control the noise level by removing one or two baffles. Found by removing two the noise level was acceptable. Previous exhaust ZERO, sound was brilliant, but the noise level got to me in the end, FM would probably be similar.

Yes it was difficult to remove the original retaining screws, when the baffle had been removed, end cap secured by using a lock nut with the original bolt.

There was a problem after 1000 miles or so, coating started to peel, system returned to QD and then received a surprise.
If db's are REMOVED, warranty is void!!!
Which is ridiculous, considering the system is sold with detachable db's.

From my understanding that only applies to the black system.
If true and applies to this system.
They can have it back

My 13 mile ride home ate my right boot

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm not familiar with green loctite. I know with blue, you can remove screws with a little extra force; red you might have to heat up first...what's the deal with green?

·
Registered
390 Posts
So Glad i choose the Titanium Alka design.
Top quality workmanship and fit.
Regarding sound,sublime to ridiculous.
comes with 7 different option baffles including road legal.

IMG_1993.JPG

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Glad i choose the Titanium Alka design.
Top quality workmanship and fit.
Regarding sound,sublime to ridiculous.
comes with 7 different option baffles including road legal.

View attachment 360778
o_O Where can you get that?

Did some more research on the QD

If you remove any of the baffles on their exhaust, it voids the warranty. Kind of dumb to make it with removable baffles then.

If you mount it. You can no longer return it.
You can not run passenger pegs. If you want to you need to notch the right side one to clear the upper tip but the passengers right foot is gonna melt.

I ride on my toes with heels pushed against the rear set or in the F3's case the muffler it seems and have already melted a hole through my boot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recently installed them on my Brutale 800 and didn't need to modify the exhaust. Maybe they have improved the design.
Not sure. Mine also didn't come with the metal bracket for the rear of the fairings.
I just got a muffler and a warranty card that means nothing now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts