MV Agusta Forum banner

What should I do with the last dealer-available Brutale Oro (Under 6kM)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
A newbie to the forum and MV Agusta community!

Just got my first MV Agusta Brutale Serie Oro!!!!

It was for a fantastic deal. Brand-spanking-new, seriously has 6kilometers on it...and I put 2 kM on it in the parking lot! I never bought anything, save the house, for this much I'm actually scared to drive this monster on the road!

The majority of the parts are magnesium to include the swing arm. I'm super pumped. The dealer in TX (I live in KY) told me that this was the last ORO in America that can be bought brand new. Not too sure how accurate that is but he gave me a fantastic deal (16k friend of the family) and took a lose on it for sure.

I'm attaching some pictures below. I was wondering if there are any initial "must-todos" when the package arrives.

I drove to San Antonio to see my father during cancer treatment and he just bought a 2007 F4. I decided-- what the hell is that paper doing in the bank? You only live once! Sooo, needless to say my dad is broke from the F4 and I am from the ORO!

But, on a serious note, I've never purchased a street bike nor one coming in the crate. Do I need to do any initial checks or services. I'm not a mechanic but I do have considerable military training (just means I know how to hit something that's broke on the side with a wrench) Ill not be working on this for sure...don't worry. But, I would like to know if I need to do anything. Feel free to dumb it down...I'm nervous as hell about this!

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey there, big congrats on the purchase, if i could find an Oro for 16K i'd buy it as well,as for checks make sure the dealer gives it a thorough once over as its their responsibility.

as for mods, no carbon needed, maybe a " Corse" exhaust, Power commander III and filter and it will seriously rock.

cheers

James

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
congrats on the bike. I think I saw that one there a couple years ago.... nice bike.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Whow!!!!!Brutale oro is a important Mv bike!First limited edition by factory!
Congrats,
we are waiting other pictures!
Pier
Except for the F4 ORO :)

Lovely bike, I remember my local dealer having one, stunning attention to detail

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice purchase.:mouthwate

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard.

I think the first must do would be to sell it.

Now, before you jump ugly with me let me explain:

There are plenty of people looking for bikes to put in a glass box and stare at. Yours would be one such bike.

It sounds to me like you will ride it and modify it a bit. EXCELLENT idea, but not on that bike. That one, because of its uniqueness, should be in the hands of someone who is going to use it for display.

Buy another Brutale 750 for less than 1/2 what you paid for the one you now own, spend a few thousand on the mods you like, and buy and F4 with the balance.

If you must keep and ride it, change the tires. They look brand new which means they are 6 years old. That is not a good thing.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

There are plenty of people looking for bikes to put in a glass box and stare at. Yours would be one such bike.

It sounds to me like you will ride it and modify it a bit. EXCELLENT idea, but not on that bike. That one, because of its uniqueness, should be in the hands of someone who is going to use it for display.

Buy another Brutale 750 for less than 1/2 what you paid for the one you now own, spend a few thousand on the mods you like, and buy and F4 with the balance.

If you must keep and ride it, change the tires. They look brand new which means they are 6 years old. That is not a good thing.
Yep, I'd agrre with that, as gorgeous as it is it will start to devalue with use, pass it on. make some $$, buy a later one, you also need to remember bikes only improve with development year by year, and for eg as nice as a Tamburini is I'll bet the later 1078 is a better bike:)

·
Super Moderator
22,651 Posts
And, if you do ride it, a hugger (with double sided tape mount) would keep your rear suspension cleaner...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yep, I'd agrre with that, as gorgeous as it is it will start to devalue with use, pass it on. make some $$, buy a later one, you also need to remember bikes only improve with development year by year, and for eg as nice as a Tamburini is I'll bet the later 1078 is a better bike:)
Idd , with 2000 miles on it , it,s worth half.
Like Cag says buy a 2nd with some bling on it already for 6K

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hahaha.. probably not the advice you expected to hear, but I agree w. Cag.. its like a museum peice... why get wear on it?! You will certainly find a nice collector that would want it and maybe make a grand or two? But if you do ride it, you'll be riding in style for sure (Most people wouldn't know the difference between that and a regular brutale though!!)
Beautiful bike and congrats!
Dan-

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! :) But, Don't mod an Oro!

I don't have an issue with you riding it, but DO replace the tires immediately.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Hello all,
A newbie to the forum and MV Agusta community!

Just got my first MV Agusta Brutale Serie Oro!!!!

It was for a fantastic deal. Brand-spanking-new, seriously has 6kilometers on it...and I put 2 kM on it in the parking lot! I never bought anything, save the house, for this much I'm actually scared to drive this monster on the road!

The majority of the parts are magnesium to include the swing arm. I'm super pumped. The dealer in TX (I live in KY) told me that this was the last ORO in America that can be bought brand new. Not too sure how accurate that is but he gave me a fantastic deal (16k friend of the family) and took a lose on it for sure.

I'm attaching some pictures below. I was wondering if there are any initial "must-todos" when the package arrives.

I drove to San Antonio to see my father during cancer treatment and he just bought a 2007 F4. I decided-- what the hell is that paper doing in the bank? You only live once! Sooo, needless to say my dad is broke from the F4 and I am from the ORO!

But, on a serious note, I've never purchased a street bike nor one coming in the crate. Do I need to do any initial checks or services. I'm not a mechanic but I do have considerable military training (just means I know how to hit something that's broke on the side with a wrench) Ill not be working on this for sure...don't worry. But, I would like to know if I need to do anything. Feel free to dumb it down...I'm nervous as hell about this!
Hi Jetta, congrats on the purchase! Beautiful bike. Here's some advice which you don't necessarily need to follow up on.

1 Ride it. That's what it's made for. But do it carefully. Don't thrash it (more than you need to :naughty:).

2 Don't mod it. It's a limited edition.

3 Change the tires (I don't recognize the tread pattern, but they're old and don't really look suitable); change to Diablo Rosso's or similar.

Enjoy it and don't listen to the museum curators! :jsm:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Good buy on a great bike. Kemal offered it to me last week for $17,500. BTW, there were only 37 Brute Oros officially brought to the US. Yours is the last one sold by a dealer as new, but there is at least one private Oro still in the crate. He wants stupid money for it, though.

Ride it or don't; but I agree with several above. Don't mod it, and replace the tires.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Brutale Oro!!!

:mouthwate Congrats!!! If your Oro Were mine, I'd let the beast out of the cage; the genie out of the bottle!!!:brutale:

Enjoy life...live it!!! :yo: :drummer:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

+1 :yo:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts