MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally,
I was able to pick it up!!!

Little sumary after first 40 miles in NYC.
1. what a nice ride, i really don't know why some complain that it's stiff...
2. Useless mirrors drive me nuts
3. it overheated...I saw 237 F temp... had to shut it down :bawling:

Called dealer...was told to keep an eye on it, and bring it back if overheats again.

how's it possible to keep it under 6000rpm???!?!? CRUEL!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
congrats with your bike m8 !
and welcome of course

·
Registered
593 Posts
welcome to the (disfunctional) family of MV owners. :)

yes it is impossible to stay under 6k,

i've had my 750 overheat at 235 F before and spit boiling coolant everywhere. seems to be common place. my 910 hasnt been that hot but it's leaked as well (just not so extreme)

how's the gas milage? heh

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratualtions! Post pictures soon!

Conc. the temperature issue, I don't know if 237 F is already critical but it is sure borderline.
Your dealers comment to monitor it would not be satisfactory for me. If the bike is overheating there must be a reason for it and it is his responsibility to find out why it does it. Overheating is always a serious issue and very much so for a new engine. The bearings are not fully seated, the piston rings aren't either, the gaskets are not fully cured a.s.o.
I would have him pick the bike up and have them fix it.

For starters I would check the coolant level.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Triple Seven said:
welcome to the (disfunctional) family of MV owners. :)

yes it is impossible to stay under 6k,

i've had my 750 overheat at 235 F before and spit boiling coolant everywhere. seems to be common place. my 910 hasnt been that hot but it's leaked as well (just not so extreme)

how's the gas milage? heh

no fluid came out...i guess i shut it down in time...

I only rode 40 miles so far... so i guess there is still fuel in the tank.

but what a nice ride!!! my race R6 feels more instable then Britale!! and I would be dead tired after 40 miles in Nyc traffic...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
916SPS said:
Congratualtions! Post pictures soon!

Conc. the temperature issue, I don't know if 237 F is already critical but it is sure borderline.
Your dealers comment to monitor it would not be satisfactory for me. If the bike is overheating there must be a reason for it and it is his responsibility to find out why it does it. Overheating is always a serious issue and very much so for a new engine. The bearings are not fully seated, the piston rings aren't either, the gaskets are not fully cured a.s.o.
I would have him pick the bike up and have them fix it.

For starters I would check the coolant level.

Just my 2 cents.
i agree 100%
i wouldn't take that answer regarding a $1,500.00 scooter.....
so, you can forget about it for a 15K motorcycle

make him take a look at it
it's either the coolant level.... or a bad thermostat.....
don't put up with it
if it happened once..... it'll happen every time... until something is discovered and fixed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
ks9mm said:
Finally,
I was able to pick it up!!!

Little sumary after first 40 miles in NYC.
1. what a nice ride, i really don't know why some complain that it's stiff...
2. Useless mirrors drive me nuts
3. it overheated...I saw 237 F temp... had to shut it down :bawling:

Called dealer...was told to keep an eye on it, and bring it back if overheats again.

how's it possible to keep it under 6000rpm???!?!? CRUEL!!!
congrats on the bike
see my post above about the overheating

i'm going to pick up my 910R in the morning

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
187 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm going to pick up my 910R in the morning
... and we expect a detailled first ride report at 9.15 am :)

hope you are able to find some sleep tonight!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree that is too hot. I've seen 220 max on a 750 and that was in 95 degrees and sitting at a light. Double check the coolant before next ride and if you see it climb past that take it to the dealer. Having had the bike sit at the shop for 1-2 years means you probably should have them replace the fluids if they haven't done so since they prepped it originally. BTW, when I got rid of the cat, the temp did go down somewhat, I now see 190's to low 2's when running and 210 when stopped.
Again your thermostat coule be outtawack. Also watch the low fuel sensor first couple times. Mine never came on and was out in the desert somewhere, luckily with a buddy on his ST4 so got to ride bitch, what fun! :naughty:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
i'm sure i won't sleep a wink.... of course
i'll have the detailed description ready to go by dinnertime.....
if carol lets me NEAR the computer after being gone most of the day on the 910R
Ha! Dinner time you`ll be in Georgia by then running up your debit card to the max in fuel :conveyer: Sweet dreams :love:

·
Registered
246 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm sure i won't sleep a wink.... of course
i'll have the detailed description ready to go by dinnertime.....
if carol lets me NEAR the computer after being gone most of the day on the 910R :)
Greg......dinnertime? :jsm: .......what do you mean dinnertime? :bawling: Normally you are posting on an hourly basis (something I very much appreciate!!) and now where you gonna get your Brutale you gonna be so 'egoistic' and let us hang in there to wait until the evening for your first impressions......?! :wtf:
I think we 'deserve' the first report by lunchtime :stir:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
northface said:
Greg......dinnertime? :jsm: .......what do you mean dinnertime? :bawling: Normally you are posting on an hourly basis (something I very much appreciate!!) and now where you gonna get your Brutale you gonna be so 'egoistic' and let us hang in there to wait until the evening for your first impressions......?! :wtf:
I think we 'deserve' the first report by lunchtime :stir:

you ARE right....
but.....
i'm picking it up at 10am....
paperwork..... out to ride by 11am....
back to the dealer in less than 1 hour....
for that oil change (included in the deal)

then... maybe i can post FROM THE DEALERSHIP while i wait for that oil to be changed :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
maybe i can post FROM THE DEALERSHIP while i wait for that oil to be changed :)[/QUOTE]
This I call commitment :yo: :friday: can't wait.....
Question: you gonna change the oil after one hour of braking it in? Is that normal or a special from your dealer?

·
Registered
74 Posts
mine hit 240 degrees

I broke my 750 in last weekend and my bike hit 240 degrees at a stop light - however, once I started to run again, it cooled down to about 220....

Granted I'm in AZ and it's about 110 these days..... While riding, I noticed what appeared to be blue coolant all along the bottom, left side of the bike. Turns out there's a factory problem with the another fluid (I think they said something about the air filter) that is also blue. It's all fixed up and I'm picking it up tomorrow to ride this weekend. Dealer didn't seem too concerned about the 240 - the one I test rode was steady at 220 for the ride.

And yes, i agree that 6000k rpm is torture.... and i applied a line from Pirates of the Carribean that went something like this....

It's not so much a law as it is a guideline..... and I did my best to ride the hell out of it. Be careful though - it only gets more powerful....

Can't wait to ride it again this weekend....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts