MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a good bit of cleaning she's starting to really shine again. Replaced the missing decals - from what I gather it was left somewhere getting rained on through the cover for a good while. The quick releases rusted and killed the paint and decals. Matey had all the damaged articles restored except the stickers.

We've had all the bodywork off and it's really clean inside, my Dad took it out for a run and said it's very smooth, gearbox/temperature/everything fine. Few more things to check (chain tension - also I see a lot about the rear hub being talked about)

Anyway a few shots here:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Beautiful!!!!

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
looks nice

from what I gather it was left somewhere getting rained on through the cover for a good while.

a fuckin twat thats who

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks very nice !

The CG125 will be quite a different experience, you'll need to learn all over with the MV.

It took me 18 months to get to know and feel comfortable and confident with mine.

The motor is docile enough and the controls are fine, it was the riding position and not knowing how far I was leaning over with my neck twisting backwards.

It feels quite natural now.

Best of luck to you .........and Dad ! :f4:

Taff

·
Registered
668 Posts
After a good bit of cleaning she's starting to really shine again. Replaced the missing decals - from what I gather it was left somewhere getting rained on through the cover for a good while. The quick releases rusted and killed the paint and decals. Matey had all the damaged articles restored except the stickers.

We've had all the bodywork off and it's really clean inside, my Dad took it out for a run and said it's very smooth, gearbox/temperature/everything fine. Few more things to check (chain tension - also I see a lot about the rear hub being talked about)

Anyway a few shots here:

Congrats. The F4 looks great. Are those the original tires? If so and they're a few years old, I'd buy some new rubber. The last thing you want is to put it into a corner and hit a hard spot in the tire because it's old.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be a good point concerning the tyres - apparently the rear is new, the front is looking a little thin.

I'm sceptical as to whether it's ever had a service, it could even be original oil in there :S
All its had is back tyre, new chain and sprocket - in 4500 miles - which doesn't suggest a caring owner to me...

There's a couple more bits I want to clean up. Namely the swingarm - it seems to have been half dropped at some point in its past, and the rearset heelguard scratched the finish off the swingarm in a small spot. Also in its years of unuse, the battery leaked and marked the swingarm also. Can anyone recommend a paint match for this?

The other part is the exhaust down in the fairing - a little surface rust is visible - any advice for this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts