MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 day and 200 miles so far , as soon as i get home i go out again and when i'm not out i'm in the garage looking at her.

i really have "pushed the boat out " to get this bike but have no regrets as it really does feel special, like a two wheeled ferrari.

any other owners out there who can understand the clocks ??????

and does the steering damper work very finely as there dosen;t seem to be much difference on mine wound in or out.??

going back in the garage for another look .

steve

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good for you Steve and congratulations. I bought a used 910R and I am thrilled. I am sure the new 1090 is awesome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats Steve, you're one lucky bastard:mouthwate I'm waiting to the end of the year to get mine.

What can you tell us about the ride? what was your previous bike? I want to hear your review about the 1090, thanks steve!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice one Steve.............I didn't f!*%ing get mine!!!:cry:

Insurers didn't get the paperwork through to the dealers in time:cry:

Still, the weather was crap over the weekend!! lol Hope to pick it up in next couple of days.

Let us know your experiences/feedback first few rides.

Sennetti

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Enjoy! I felt the same way when I brought my 910 home, couldn't stop looking or couldn't find enough time to ride. :mouthwate

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congratulations Steve - I understand your excitement, just picked mine up on Wednesday.

The clocks instructions are in the manual - not sure they're right tho. I was able to reset the trip meter and set the TC by cycling the menu with the set button, using the long press on the set to "edit" the settings and using ok presses to increment settings. At least the riding mode being on the starter button is easy to do.

Do your mirrors stay adjusted? I'm looking at the ground within 100 yards of taking off.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got 310 miles on mine now so can take to 8k rpm so already feeling really fast through the clutcless upshifts, very hard to ride slowly and sounds sooo good on blipping the throttle on the down shifts.

the clocks are workable if youve got the book in front of you but otherwise even steven hawkins would struggle, copied a few pages to keep in my pocket.

i think the mirror glass will always want to drop ( although not a problem on mine yet , the demo 990 i rode did this and buzzed i bit ) a couple of strips of foam tape on the underside should sort this .

on the whole finding the bike really comfortable and looking forward to getting more used to the light handling even coming from 950 smr

the sound it makes even running in lets you know your riding something special,, can;t wait to feel full power

steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice Steve. I have about 150 miles on my 1090. Just bought the Corse
Titanium full sport exhaust + ECU and belly pan from Evolution. Grabbed a carbon rear fender too. Ill let u know how it rides once I recieve the system and get it installed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just love it, the color combo is awesome too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hiya Steve

Just got back from a weekend touring the lakes on the new steed after the first service, these bikes really do shift when you push them past 8,000 revs.
Just a quick note on the first service. My supplying dealer quoted £400 for the first service and claimed that the valves had to be checked. Spoke to Russ who is the technical manager at MV GB and he confirmed that no valve check is required until 6000 miles. Russ works out of Bennets in Barnsly and he did the service for me for £120. Don't get ripped off!
Your bikes looking cool, just don't look through the MV Corse parts catalogue or you'll end up skint, so far I've ordered a belly pan, carbon rear hugger and carbon clock surround and I'm seriously tempted by the sports exhaust.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm already skint lol

Have you managed to work the clocks yet without getting the book out.

Is your clutch quite noisy ?

and engine quite thirsty ???

give me shout if you ever get down matlock bath

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've noticed the clutch can feel a bit odd on some downshifts due to the slipper kicking in, you kinda get use to it after a while and now I have 1100 miles on the clock I don't notice it anymore. The bike is thirsty but I found everyone else I went out with was filling up before my light even came on which was great. With regard to the clocks the only button I dare go near is the starter button which changes you from basic map to sport map when your on the move. You won't notice any difference between the two until you've had your first service but once thats out of the way prepare yourself, sport mode in the upper rev range is awesome.
I'll drop you a PM next time I'm heading over to Matlock, we often take a run over the tops to buxton and call in at matlock bath on the way back so when the weather improves I look forward to meeting up with you. Go steady!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
looking very cool Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts