MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after all the searching and the research and asking dumb questions on the board I picked her up yesterday! She had 2150 miles on the odometer, in absolutely perfect condition, one owner bike, with an exhaust and handle bar risers, stand and couple of carbon fiber pices! I'm as happy as happy can be!

Now for the pics

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Congrats :drummer: ,

Thing of beauty eh :naughty: ... watched the footy in the shed last night with the MV parked under the TV and I think I spent more time looking at it :toothless .

oh and nice pics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice, Nice NICE!! I had a 2002 1+1 that I sold last year to a friend before getting my currect 2004 SPR. Although the SPR is a great machine I still miss the red & grey paint scheme of the original; simply beautiful. I also prefer the opaque wheels over the silver ones that outfit the post 2002 bikes. Enjoy it my friend, you will absolutely fall in love with these bikes. By the way, who makes the fork setting adjuster dials that I see on you bike. I really like those a lot.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea on the fork adjusters, but I can ask the previous owner.

I gotta get all new gear now, my previous bike was Yellow, so all my gear is yellow/black and I look funny on the Silver/Red Agusta, but that should only take a few days.

This bike is absolutely outstanding, I bought it without riding and today I rode for about 110 miles, nothing but joy, you point it, it goes there, and it goes there FAST! I'm coming from GSXR600 and I thgought power delivery will be similar with it being a 4, NO COMPARISON. And last thing, I almost bought a Ducati for the Vtwin sound, and let me tell you this bike (Agusta of course) with these aftermarket pipes at anything over 5K sounds nothing short of AMAZING!

·
Registered
126 Posts
dgalleo said:
By the way, who makes the fork setting adjuster dials that I see on you bike. I really like those a lot.
Those look to be STM's. I noticed their logo. They'll set ya back around $65 for a pair. Have used many of thier components on Ducati's I have owned. Great stuff! Hope that helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Realy nice ! Enjoy it and... ride safely !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This might be a stupid question, but what make and kind gear are you guys using? I'm having a hard time finding Red/Silver stuff! :mad:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I never tire of looking at MV's. Lovely bike, thanks for posting the pics. :)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I see you live in Sutton Lakes(or atleast, it looks like it)...sweet. I used to live there. My friends still live there, so you may see me.

Hey, PM me. We should meet up so we can compare bikes and go for a ride. I have a group that I go ride with of about 6, so it should be fun. Also, I'de like to meet up before Thursday, so we can BOTH pull at the same time at Bike night on dicks....how often would ya see a Brutale AND an F4...let alone...at the same time!!!!

HIT ME UP!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oicdn said:
I see you live in Sutton Lakes(or atleast, it looks like it)...sweet. I used to live there. My friends still live there, so you may see me.

Hey, PM me. We should meet up so we can compare bikes and go for a ride. I have a group that I go ride with of about 6, so it should be fun. Also, I'de like to meet up before Thursday, so we can BOTH pull at the same time at Bike night on dicks....how often would ya see a Brutale AND an F4...let alone...at the same time!!!!

HIT ME UP!!!!!

No problem. I actually live in Bartram, south Jax. By the way, thanks for the link to the ended auction, otherwise I would have never known abouth this bike. I'll pm you with my phone number and we can touch base.

Guys, Has anybody had much experience with Icon helmets? I'm a big time Shoei fan (crashed with one and it saved my life), but this new Icon Domain Helmet looks very nice and I like the silver color. Any input would be great!

·
Registered
126 Posts
UA_Agusta said:
Guys, Has anybody had much experience with Icon helmets? I'm a big time Shoei fan (crashed with one and it saved my life), but this new Icon Domain Helmet looks very nice and I like the silver color. Any input would be great!
A very close friend of mine works at kneedraggers.com, and from what I heard from her was that Icon helmets are nothing more than rebadged and repainted budget "XXX" helmets (I wont mention their name, but it's a three letter helmet company and its not AGV) with a slightly higher price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts