MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and about in Manhattan minding my own business. Around 144th street, guy in the right lane decides he needs to make an U-turn and turns into my lane. I slam into his left rear wheel and down I go.

The emergency response services was excellent. Thank you NYPD and NYFD and the people at St. Luke's hospital.

Damage wise I have a really swollen left foot and that's it. I haven't seen the bike because they took me away in an ambulance.

I feel lucky. I probably wasn't moving faster than 15mph when I hit him and didn't hit my head. I stayed calm and generally wasn't scared or worried about myself or the bike.

Now I wait for my foot to heal and get the insurance straightened out.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Fred, so sorry about the spill. Even though I've been riding there for nearly 30 years, NYC can be dangerous! Hope your back up in no time!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That's not pretty to read about. I hope you get well soon and get your Brute fixed ASAP. I know exactly how you feel.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I feel with you. I've been there. It's like a maelstrom of emotions and you wish you could turn the clock back. Glad you're allright, hope the bike is relatively allright! :brutale: :brutale: :brutale:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Fred. But I'm glad you're fine. But look on the bright side of things - this could be your golden opportunity to redeem yourself by getting rid of that Brutale and getting a real man's bike: a F4. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Glad you are OK and hopefully the damage on your bike is minimal. Just driving in NYC is insane, not sure I would care to ride there.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Glad you came away with just swollen left foot. Maybe the injury came from your foot hitting the gear shifter. I had something similar when someone pull out in front of me. Go to your own doctor and have me make sure there's no long term damage.

I hope the other driver pays for his/her careless at least through higher insurance premiums.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
(a)- The bike is waaaay more important than the foot.

(b)- What're you doing riding in Manhattan? That's just asking for it.

(c)- I hope your ankle heals soon and well. But fix the bike first.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
102 Posts
That really sucks! I know how you feel. I got hit by a red light runner in 03. Hope you & the bike get well soon!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE: it has been a long weekend. I got the Police accident report today from the police precinct. Also, I had my bike towed back to my garage.

I'm not sure what to do at this point because I only have a insurance policy number but which company it is for. I have this person's home address but no contact information. Is there a way to find the insurance company through the policy number?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
UPDATE: it has been a long weekend. I got the Police accident report today from the police precinct. Also, I had my bike towed back to my garage.

I'm not sure what to do at this point because I only have a insurance policy number but which company it is for. I have this person's home address but no contact information. Is there a way to find the insurance company through the policy number?
Call you agent/insurance company. Maybe they can help find the policy company.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts