MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She arrived late Friday afternoon and all I could do was give the outgoing CB1000R a pat on the rump and wheel the Brutale into the garrage................back to work!!

3-hours later I returned home, to study this new machine in the garrage. No test ride taken and bought purely on feedback from different motorcycle magazine reviews. I always admired the looks but didn't have the courage to ride/buy a Butale, as friends advised me that it would be too much of a beast for a rider with only 2-years experience!!

Too late for any misigivings now.............there she was, begging to be taken out for her first journey.

Ok, leathers on, garrage door open, start her up! That sounds beautiful!! 1st gear and off we go................Yeah I am comfortable......shit! where is that indicator switch!? Ah, there it is much lower than the Honda, I will use it next time! arf. Gear changes are smooth, lovely imediate throttle response.............can't see much out of the mirrors though!! Pull over after 1-mile and try messing about with mirrors...........ok, let's go again.......first decent bend coming up...........Jesus, what handling!! nimble and positive.......fantastic! where's the next corner............ha ha ha, phenominal.........what a bike!...........let's use the 5.5-6k revs......whoooo this is going to amazing when run-in!! 60-miles later I return home, dinner in the dog and Mrs waiting in the garrage doorway:jsm:............"Well? was it worth it!?" Oh my God yes!! What a fantastic bike.......love it.........why didn't I get one before? Can't wait for tomorrow.......what's the weather forecast??:blah: Don't she look amazing?:blah: Sounds lovely...................never ridding anything else now, MV Agusta.............what took me so long to find you!?:f4:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats and let's get a few photos!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats...let's see some pics!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats! Great review, reminded me of my first falling in love with a Brutale. Your facial muscles are gonna a quite a workout because of the constant grinning under your helmet. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I always admired the looks but didn't have the courage to ride/buy a Butale, as friends advised me that it would be too much of a beast for a rider with only 2-years experience!!

Too late for any misigivings now.............there she was, begging to be taken out for her first journey.
I got my 910S after two years. Less powerful then yours but more of a handful. I have to say it's not too much of a beast at all, although I have to say, every single time I have twisted the throttle in anger it's popped an unexpected wheelie or lighted up the back tyre exiting a round about or something! I love it.

Plan your moves, relax, think ahead, and on the right day on the right road it's the best bike in the world...

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Welcome to family and the absolute joys of an MV. - excellent write up of your first ride (LOL)

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts