MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the only mod being I have switched out the mid pipe with a ti mid pipe. She pulled 154 hp. I do not have a graph to show. It was just a cheap run to she where she is starting from before I do any mods. Bike is a 07 R with 2300 miles. He did say his dyno does run just a little low but the number seemed about right to me. Will start with a PCIII this spring and see where that takes me.

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ozboy said:
Andrew

I would have thought the R would be closer to 160 in stock form.

Still 154rwhp is more than most need.

Good luck with the mods, there should be substancial gains there.

Are you looking at pipes, air filter, gearing?

I would like to go with pipes and a PCIII. FBF has a big bore kit which would be fun :mouthwate . Just don't know about letting someone tear into the engine. I am a do-it-yourself type of person but, this could be more than I need. Has anyone ever went inside the engine or just let the dealers do it?

Andrew

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey Andrew! Sounds like great numbers to me. I wouldn't go with a big bore kit. Kind of overkill when you're already going to be pushing 160 HP after your additional mods. I also wouldn't trust its durability, but what do I know? :)

Best wishes!

Brian

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sig.Scuro said:
Andrew... can you post your dyno sheet by any chance, I am interested in seeing the power curve.
I did not get a graph. Paid $35 just to see what type of power she has stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would like to go with pipes and a PCIII. FBF has a big bore kit which would be fun :mouthwate . Just don't know about letting someone tear into the engine. I am a do-it-yourself type of person but, this could be more than I need. Has anyone ever went inside the engine or just let the dealers do it?

Andrew

I was at FBF a week ago and got a chance to see a F4R they finished up.

196 HP to the rear wheel....had the dyno sheet attached to it and all. This was done with the big bore kit and a full exhaust and race ECU i believe.

I will also post an update once i get mine dynoed...am putting the RG3 slip on in as well as well as the Sill (sp?) mid pipe with a tune from Mr. Ferracci himself.

150+ is def a great number to have...

·
Registered
150 Posts
My dyno man was raving when i went to pick my bike up as he said that he does not often see 162 from a stock bike, fitted a new mid pipe and PC so now on 167. Only problem I have is that now at track days when noise testing I am up to 105 decibels which is the limit. There are a lot of other bikes that sound louder than mine which pass easy, it must be something to do with sound pitch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts