MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snagged an 08 Brutale 910 with 3800 miles last week.
Full corse ti F1 exhaust, race ecu, and all the carbon you could ever want.
The bike is in showroom shape, but hasn't been run a lot in the last few years. Let me know what you would check, inspect, or change to have peace of mind and have a reliable bike.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
Check the fuel system, tires, hub and SPU...oh, and check the headlight glass. It will fall off, so be ready to catch it.

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Nice buy !!! What he ^^^ said.

Your SPU should be good. The older Brutales with the 1.6M ECUs were suspect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the fuel system, tires, hub and SPU...oh, and check the headlight glass. It will fall off, so be ready to catch it.
Thanks for the info. New tires are on the way, im not comfortable on 12 year old tires lol. I tried prying on the glass a little bit but it seemed to be in there good. Hopefully the previous owner re set it. I had the fuel pump stick on today which would not alow the bike to fire, i disconnected the battery for a bit and it fired right up after that. Anyone had any issues like this?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Great!
Replace all fuel line hoses and fuel filter. Remove your fuel pump and clean the fuel pump screen from possible ethanol varnish deposits and deteriorated hose particles/gum. You may risk your fuel pump with damage otherwise. With the tank off see if the fuel line quick disconnects are metal. They need to be metal, it's an 08. Get a new battery, clean your ground wire to the engine. Ask Chuck silentservice703 for help with the needed fuel line supplies. Flush your coolant and replace it with new ( I prefer engine ice). Try to resist running her until the fuel lines are replaced. And yessss, new oil and filter is a must.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great!
Replace all fuel line hoses and fuel filter. Remove your fuel pump and clean the fuel pump screen from possible ethanol varnish deposits and deteriorated hose particles/gum. You may risk your fuel pump with damage otherwise. With the tank off see if the fuel line quick disconnects are metal. They need to be metal, it's an 08. Get a new battery, clean your ground wire to the engine. Ask Chuck silentservice703 for help with the needed fuel line supplies. Flush your coolant and replace it with new ( I prefer engine ice). Try to resist running her until the fuel lines are replaced. And yessss, new oil and filter is a must.
Awesome, thanks for the advice! It'll be hard but ill try and stay off until I can get the maintenence done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts