MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
planning a GOR ride for Sunday the 20th of December (weather permitting) meet at Lorne for morning tea and then down to the Bay for lunch; this would be an opportunity for an excuse :naughty::naughty::naughty: for a Xmas gathering of the troops:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I can't make it unfortunatly, i would be up for a ride if the weather is good on one of the coming weekend

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:cry::banghead::bandit::cussing::cussing:
As you can gather from my subtle reaction i still wont have my licence....:brutale::f4:
So Dino, fess up, what happened ?????? you were obviously very :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: 30 klms over the limit :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I deny all knowledge, accusations & alleged offence that happen to poor little old me:ahhh:

i was never on the road through flowerdale on that fateful day (was at church :lightning)

And i did not go b/w 35- 39kms over.....:brutale: and not paying any attention to the police following me :confused:

So now have the bikes waiting for some one to ride them till 23rd Dec.:stickpoke

·
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I deny all knowledge, accusations & alleged offence that happen to poor little old me:ahhh:

i was never on the road through flowerdale on that fateful day (was at church :lightning)

And i did not go b/w 35- 39kms over.....:brutale: and not paying any attention to the police following me :confused:

So now have the bikes waiting for some one to ride them till 23rd Dec.:stickpoke
Well look at it on the bright side...................a nice chrissy present ..................
your license back:yo::yo::yo::yo::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a hotel/motel that will allow us to park my car and trailer near the GOR? We are planning to do the GOR but not sure on which hotel to stay.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Grand Hotel in Lorne has plenty of parking,same with the Mantra at Lorne. There are a few places at Apollo Bay that would suit as well but can't think of the names. There are'nt any fixed speed cameras to my knowledge on the GOR, just be on the look out for parked cars with front cameras or the good old radar guns espescially in 50kmh areas where kids could be running across the road.
When are you thinking of coming down??

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The speed cameras on the main road are all mobile ones, cop cars and police bikes. it's two twisty for fixed cameras. christmas through to new years will be the busyiest. I wouldn't try to ride it between the 23rd dec and the 4th jan, way to much traffic. Watch out for the risky overtaking, cars cutting the corner and tourists suddenly turning right across lanes to park up at the scenic lookouts

My pick for roads down there is Skenes creek to forrest and Lorne to deans marsh.
your best bet for accom is down at apollo bay which would be my pick over lorne.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
We are planning to trailer the bikes this weekend, drive on saturday, sleep and go for a ride on sunday morning. Drive back to Sydney on sunday evening. Crazy!!!!

We want to ride the GOR before the xmas rush and traffic.

PS : thanks for the hints for the hotels, we'll Google them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts