MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my local shop that is awaiting there delivery of MV's and they quoted me a price of $13500.00 + $400 for prep freight BS. Sound good for one? and is the prep freight thing just a way to make $$$ back??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello CHB,

Here is a link to Ferracci's web site that shows the Brutale 910s availablity and pricing. I must have got my Silver/Red just in time, looks like they have no more available.

http://www.ferracci.com/bike.php?bid=147

Good luck on our search - I really love my new Brutale 910. Also - I paid $695.00 of shipping/setup/prep - maybe a lot, but I really like my dealer and they take good care of me - if they need to make a little profit, I'm cool with that.

Regards...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey CHB,
The 13500 deal sounds good. I think the price for 910 is sold here at Los Angeles for around $ 14,995 plus $ 420 for shipping and handling.
Every dealer will ask you for the shipping and handling fee, unless you find a bike that has been siting in the shop for a long time in which case the dealer waives off that fee.
Guess its a high price to ask for S&H, but there is no way around it. But the price quoted by your dealer is atleast a good 1500 lesser, so you can do some haggling

·
Registered
186 Posts
I paid 13,700. This included everything + 1st service. They ordered the bike and it took about a week to arrive.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
FWIW, although, money is money, if you have a good dealer I wouldn't worry too much about the freight and prep. MV Dealers are pretty sparse, so it behooves you to build a good relationship if they're a good dealer.

I brought that up because if you had say, an R1, or a CBR, I would haggle the crap outta them, as well...Honda dealers are a dime a dozen (as are jap bikes) and you can easily go elsewhere. That, and they can screw the squid that walks through the door behind you that will end up binning it in the 1st ride...

You did awesome though!!! And post pics when you get the chance!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
In my opinion, great dealers always drop the freight and setup. Haven't paid for that yet with all of my bikes. I've also never paid MSRP. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Same here in Tampa - my 910S price was $13200 but the "Freight and Handling" was $700 so my total was the same $13,900.

Tom

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info I'm not looking to go crazy on penny pinching I was just curious because of the price drop I wasn't sure what thew real MSRP ws suppose to be? But the dealer I've used for many years and was a little shocked when they threw the set up fee in my face! But none the less I am still looking foward to getting the new ride!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seems like there are pretty good deals out there on the 06 910s. There were some dealers in LA quoting $12,900 over the phone. Picked up mine in SF for $13,200 and the dealer waived freight and setup.

·
Registered
803 Posts
ramenboy said:
Seems like there are pretty good deals out there on the 06 910s. There were some dealers in LA quoting $12,900 over the phone. Picked up mine in SF for $13,200 and the dealer waived freight and setup.
I got mine for $12,000, no frieght, +CA tax & License.

·
Registered
803 Posts
ramenboy said:
Doh! Hate feeling like the dealer got the best of me... :p
Sorry I mispoke...I meant $12,500 not $12k.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I forgot, I also got a Free first service ~$400 value due to a mistake with the dealer. Basically they sold the bike I was going to buy aftere telling me it was mine. The air freighted an other in (3-days) and gave me the service after some haggleing.

Out the door price for me was about $13,600.

Street Fighter said:
$15,000 Out the door with first service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my 06 910S for 10,999 out the door (minus tax). I thought it was a great deal. Also, they gave me a great trade in for my S4R

·
Registered
443 Posts
916er said:
I just got my 06 910S for 10,999 out the door (minus tax). I thought it was a great deal. Also, they gave me a great trade in for my S4R
That's one I'd like to see the bill of sale on - because I think you stole it! :smoking:

Tom

·
Registered
746 Posts
916er said:
Man that is unbelievable! You can't even find a used one for that amount!

So are there any smoking deals out there on 910 R's? :highclap:

·
Registered
803 Posts
That is a killer deal!!! Was it new or demo?

TPadden said:
That's one I'd like to see the bill of sale on - because I think you stole it! :smoking:

Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts