MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share...

Yesterday, I took the Brute out for a short morning jaunt. I left at 8AM, looking to enjoy the empty roads on a holiday morning. I had planned for a short (< one hour) ride down to maybe Newport Beach and back. As I rode past the local biker coffeshop hangout, I spotted a friend of mine, so I stopped for a cup of joe. It turns out that a group of guys were going for a ride - a 300-mile ride. I said what the heck, and joined them for my first truly long day on my Brutale.

Our improbable group of four was made up of three black H-D Road Kings, and me on my silver/red Brutale. Guess who was getting all the looks? One of my buddies is a motor officer with a local deparment, so with him on the ride, we enjoyed a sort of "group immunity," which was comforting considering that these guys ride hard.

This became immediately evident as we bombed up the 5 freeway at 100mph. Our route took us from Long Beach, up the 5 to the 126, to the 150, to the 192, to the 154. It was perfect mix of twisties, elevation changes, sweepers, mountains, canyons, and ocean highway. We lunched at the Cold Spring Tavern in Santa Barbara.

I wish I brought a camera!

Total miles on the tripmeter: 299
Max speed on this trip: 110*
Total miles on the Brutale: 1107
Riding an MV Agusta in SoCal on New Year's Day: priceless.

*Max speed figures are fictional, or maybe not. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice disclaimer! Maybe you should just put it in your sig and say whatever you want all the time.

"Me and a buddy were doing 230 MPH down the road the other day..."

See how well that would work?

I would have loved to take my bike Brutale out new years day, but I had to get the rear tire changed (nail) I put a BT020 on it today.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
you know.....
this will be my favorite thread of the day
what a UNexpected pleasure that ride was for you
and...... proof positive that you don't need to race around with similar bikes to have fun

i've ridden over 160,000 miles in my life
<10,000 ON an H-D (had a softail classic in the early 90's)
but, >100,000 with at least 1 H-D along for the ride
so....
you're ride is quite "familiar" to me

well done

i wish there were some pictures

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spalding12 said:
you know.....
this will be my favorite thread of the day
what a UNexpected pleasure that ride was for you
and...... proof positive that you don't need to race around with similar bikes to have fun

i've ridden over 160,000 miles in my life
<10,000 ON an H-D (had a softail classic in the early 90's)
but, >100,000 with at least 1 H-D along for the ride
so....
you're ride is quite "familiar" to me

well done

i wish there were some pictures
Outside our lunch stop, I talked for a few minutes with an EYE-talian guy who was gawking at the Brutale. He was not riding this day, but he was obviously a rider and familiar with bikes. He made some crack, something to the effect of "YOU'RE riding with THEM??"

I can't stand that attitude. What a prick. I figure that regardless of what one rides, we're all out there, knees in the wind, and we're all taking the same risks.

Although I'd NEVER be caught dead riding with the rice-rocket set! :)

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great ride. I am glad at least someone else in So Cal was out on New Year's Day, I always get up early and go, deserted roads, and here, typically very accomodating weather...See you on the road in just 361 (or whatever it is!) more days!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've got a buddy who is a Culver City motorcycle cop. Riding with him is pretty fun .... just as you stated, I get to enjoy legal immunity when I'm riding with him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts