MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without going into any details, I 've had a pretty shit year so far. Deaths in the family and other things happening that I won't go into here.

I've been sitting down feeling sorry for myself quite a lot lately. The thing is, in the final analysis, I've got a pretty good job, I have a family who love me and I'm lucky enough to own a MV Agusta too.

The weather here is quite superb today and following an outing on the F4, I've been sat outside in the sunshine with a cold beer, with my wife of the past 25 years sat next to me. I got to thinking 'maybe life's not so bad after all'. :)

I categorised today, for me, as a good to be alive day and I hope that all of you; my friends on this site, are having a good to be alive day too. :drummer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
thanks john. you know.. life is a series of ups and downs. sounds like you made it through a slightly longer down period than normal. now your back on the upswing. i've been depressed ever since i sold my duc 749r almost 2 months ago.. but the upside.. i should be getting an MV F4 R next month (upswing). and the weather in LA has been superb (too hot if anything and dry). so yeah.. there will always be shitty things happening and eventually there will always be some balance. deaths always suck.. but you've had time with that person.. thats the big upside.. as is the memories. well.. i have to go make some memories with my beautiful daughter... gotta teach her to swim better.

john.. are you far from London? i should be traveling there in the next month or two. wanna catch a drink?

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
You are right John!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep, we too have had a rough time lately......but like you said, sometimes you have to take a step back and see how fortunate you really are. Shoot, I think Im gonna close up shop early today and go for a ride! Hang in there Bro!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
spalding12 said:
where are you in florida, again.... please
and..... what kind of shop will you be closing up, if i might ask?
Im in Ft Myers (about 1.5-2hrs south of you) and I restore/sell muscle cars.

·
Registered
410 Posts
John-

Thanks for the post. While my wife and I have been very fortunate from a lifestyle standpoint, the past few months have been tough on us as well...my father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. We've been spending a lot of time in hospitals and doctor's offices trying to get him well. That said, your message is the right one, every day is a good day and one that you should cheerish like it's your last.

Steve

·
Registered
878 Posts
Glad you feel better John. You know, anytime you feel like you wanna get away from it all and get some fresh air, Seattle is beautiful in the Summer time and you are more than welcome to come & visit...and I'll make sure you forget everything before you go back! ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
John,

Geez...you're making me depressed :bawling: . Shit, we're getting old and bad things are happening :stir: . The world is a terroristic mess...Fuc*.

Good thing we have our MVs, and some of us our loving significant others, Thomas excluded :nutkick: , to get us through this mess. We all need a good long ride down some great roads, followed by some fine cold ale & :humpother .

We must remember to enjoy each day and look for the positive around us .

I hope everyone here is doing well...

Peter :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your kind words guys. Laurence; I live about 170 miles North of London but I'm working in Carlisle at the mo which is on the border with Scotland about 300 miles away, so thanks for the offer, but it's probably not practicable at the current time. I'd really like to get over to the West coast (USA) to meet up with all the guys there, perhaps we can have that beer at your place Laurence and I'd really like to see as many of the 'locals' as possible. Ben, Alvin, Fred (to name just a few) and of course we need to discuss that garage design Kamran, so I'll try to organise something for 2007. Maybe hire a bike and go to Steve's place in the desert. I'd also like to go down under and see our Aussie mates and then there's Alex, Rik, Tiago , Olivier and all the guys just over the water in Europe. If I make it to retirement age, I'm definitely going to go globetrotting and meet as many of you guys as I can.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John,
Sometime its just about stringing one day to the next and the next, but if there is one great thing about life, it most always is never as bad as it first seems.
Glad your good and welcome to visit in Aus anytime!

Graham

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Glad to hear the uplifting post. Congrats on the marriage-

Would love to meet you sometime! Whether its in Seattle (beautiful city I must say) or somewhere else, I'd try my best to be there :drummer:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Great post...cheers :)

john said:
Without going into any details, I 've had a pretty shit year so far. Deaths in the family and other things happening that I won't go into here.

I've been sitting down feeling sorry for myself quite a lot lately. The thing is, in the final analysis, I've got a pretty good job, I have a family who love me and I'm lucky enough to own a MV Agusta too.

The weather here is quite superb today and following an outing on the F4, I've been sat outside in the sunshine with a cold beer, with my wife of the past 25 years sat next to me. I got to thinking 'maybe life's not so bad after all'. :)

I categorised today, for me, as a good to be alive day and I hope that all of you; my friends on this site, are having a good to be alive day too. :drummer:

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
john said:
Thanks for all your kind words guys. Laurence; I live about 170 miles North of London but I'm working in Carlisle at the mo which is on the border with Scotland about 300 miles away, so thanks for the offer, but it's probably not practicable at the current time. I'd really like to get over to the West coast (USA) to meet up with all the guys there, perhaps we can have that beer at your place Laurence and I'd really like to see as many of the 'locals' as possible. Ben, Alvin, Fred (to name just a few) and of course we need to discuss that garage design Kamran, so I'll try to organise something for 2007. Maybe hire a bike and go to Steve's place in the desert. I'd also like to go down under and see our Aussie mates and then there's Alex, Rik, Tiago , Olivier and all the guys just over the water in Europe. If I make it to retirement age, I'm definitely going to go globetrotting and meet as many of you guys as I can.
John, just know you are always welcome over here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts