MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...

I've been reading up on this forum for info. I'm mainly a Duc rider. But I have been itching to try something different for my next bike. I have ridden all the MV models so I know what to expect, how they ride, maintenance requirements, etc.

I found an ad for a red 2004 Brutale 750 S. It has approximately 9800 miles on it, mostly in its stock configuration. He/she is the second owner. Price is $6000.

I am in SoCal.

What do you guys think?

Input is much appreciated!
Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it was a good price even with the sluggish economy. Only thing that sort of worries me is the lack of service records/documentation. I would be the 3rd owner. I'll be checking out the bike this weekend.

Mike

·
Registered
358 Posts
No extended warranty I take? Can the seller substantiate his/her claim that he/she changed oil every 2500 as he/she stated in his/her ad? Receipts for filters and oil, for example.

Stock config to me is a plus. I tend to stay away from heavily modified bikes because you never know why (crash?) and who (poorly-skilled amateur garage mechanic?) put those mods on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No extended warranty I take? Can the seller substantiate his/her claim that he/she changed oil every 2500 as he/she stated in his/her ad? Receipts for filters and oil, for example.

Stock config to me is a plus. I tend to stay away from heavily modified bikes because you never know why (crash?) and who (poorly-skilled amateur garage mechanic?) put those mods on.
I'll be checking out the bike on Sunday. Some paperwork would make me feel better.

I don't believe it's under warranty anymore.

I took another closer look at the pics he sent me. It is stock except for the mid pipe (which seems like a common mod for these bikes), different mirrors, re-upholstered seats, tail/license plate tuck, and frame/front axle sliders......that seems to be it.

I will start up the bike of course and look for any blue smoke and other tell tale signs of a potentially problematic bike.

Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ducman :stickpoke

What Ducati are you riding ??
That will determined if the 750 is adequate.

My .10 cents

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just bought the same bike with 230 miles on it for $6500. Price seems right. Do your detailed inspection and walk away if you don't like what you learn. There are a fair number of Brute's out there and probably some with lower miles.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi folks...

I've been reading up on this forum for info. I'm mainly a Duc rider. But I have been itching to try something different for my next bike. I have ridden all the MV models so I know what to expect, how they ride, maintenance requirements, etc.

I found an ad for a red 2004 Brutale 750 S. It has approximately 9800 miles on it, mostly in its stock configuration. He/she is the second owner. Price is $6000.

I am in SoCal.

What do you guys think?

Input is much appreciated!
Mike
I know of one better than that! Less miles, 2 years newer, 910 engine and very well maintained(reciepts, records and invoices)! Basically stock w/ mid-pipe.....the other extras are aesthetic w/ performance advantages! NO RESERVE! You can steal it!

Check it out::)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160299598682

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

What Ducati are you riding ??
That will determined if the 750 is adequate.

My .10 cents

A 2004 Monster S4R and a 2008 1098s. I have ridden both the 750 and the 910. No question the 910 has more grunt....but they do cost a few grand more though used.

·
Registered
194 Posts

I previsouly owned a Monster S4 and 750 Brutale.

You are going to miss the performance.

Use your 1098 vs 848 as a guide.

Their is a reason why the 750's are less expensive, guys out grow them and they are harder to sell.

Definitely spend some time on a 910 before you pull the trigger.

My .25 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts