MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking forward to getting the Brutale tomorrow. And we have already been buying clothes for riding. We are trying to get the stuff in time for Bubbalicious.

I'm pretty much sorted because there are plenty of choices out there for guys. But I'm having a tough time with the wife. It makes it extra difficult that the wife is very reluctant to buy clothes off the internet. It's chancy as to whether anything will fit her. We bought some Fieldsheer pants at the MV place in Dahlonega. And got some warm gloves at a local shop. But we still need a jacket and some boots. We are thinking of getting these boots if we can't find anything better:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/45/35787/ITEM/Tour-Master-Womens-Solution-WP-2-0-Road-Boots.aspx

And I'm still at a loss on jackets. We have looked at motorcyclegear.com and motorcycle-superstore.com but haven't found anything suitable. Specifically, she gets cold VERY easily so something extra warm is what we want.

Have you guys faced the same problem? Did you find any magic solution to the problem?

·
Banned
157 Posts
I always buy alpinestars, they have makes for us ladies and fit me well, im a U.K. size 10 and even with my small frame they still have nice leathers.

Hein Gericke in the U.K. supply them but im unsure if the have Hein gerecke in USA

when I was younger I used to buy boys moto cross gear, fitted me and provided good protection
:)

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
i suspect japan would be great. everything is small here. probably doesn't help much.... sorry.....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
http://www.ironponymotorsports.com/ironponydirect/location.asp

This is where I brought my girlfriend and mom to get stuff. It's an old big k mart that they transformed into everything motorcycles, there is only one 'iron pony' but don't other places have something similar to this? Especially in the bigger cities?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
rev'it makes some pretty nice ladies gear too, my misses has a few things from them. You can order online through revzilla for generally the cheapest deals.

·
Registered
241 Posts
http://www.ironponymotorsports.com/ironponydirect/location.asp

This is where I brought my girlfriend and mom to get stuff. It's an old big k mart that they transformed into everything motorcycles, there is only one 'iron pony' but don't other places have something similar to this? Especially in the bigger cities?
Nope. Only one ironpony in the whole country and its on the eastside of C-Bus. There are not many big re-tailers like that anywhere in the US that I have seen but they do ship everywhere and frankly that works. As for the original string, my suggestion is to go to a local store, find what you want, and then go home and buy it from the internet. A. There is no substitute for trying something on and as I am sure you know, you want cycle clothes to be snug but not so snug that its uncomfortable and B. Everything is less expensive on the internet.

Good luck.

Todd

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Cycle Gear located on Cobb Parkway in Marietta is 25 miles from the Randarosa. They've got ladies gear. Check their website.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are some good websites! I have her looking through them trying to find stuff. I was trying to help her for a while but that just wasn't working out. :blah:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts