MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes, i hope someone out there can recomened a very good helmet painter / artist. i am thinking of re newing my arai, but i want something individual looking, but similar to my mv paint work. any help appreciated. :)
 

·
King of Bling
Joined
·
9,826 Posts
wallis said:
Hey dudes, i hope someone out there can recomened a very good helmet painter / artist. i am thinking of re newing my arai, but i want something individual looking, but similar to my mv paint work. any help appreciated. :)
Hi

I use richard at http://www.richartconcepts.co.uk/ for many years, and have always been very pleased.. Richard also does some of the official Arai design replica lids.. Give him a bell [ pardon the pun] , he's a nice and real proper guy to deal with..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
JDS said:
Hi

I use richard at http://www.richartconcepts.co.uk/ for many years, and have always been very pleased.. Richard also does some of the official Arai design replica lids.. Give him a bell [ pardon the pun] , he's a nice and real proper guy to deal with..
Was just about to ask the same question...and being Birmingham based is good for me!
Cheers,
Tont
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, i will phone tomorow, i live in the coleshill area. that lid has some nice detail what did it cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
I phoned Richart when I wanted my helmet painted, they are very good, but the prices are very high, he told me a basic design or starting price is about £420 :jsm: :jsm:

I settled for Rage design in Warrington, he paints all the Airwaves stuff, race bikes, and a lot of Ducati replica's for main dealers (JHP, Manchester, Leeds etc) he charged me about £200, but as with all things and as nice as my lid is, you do get what you pay for with painters...........
 

·
King of Bling
Joined
·
9,826 Posts
wallis said:
thanks for the info, i will phone tomorow, i live in the coleshill area. that lid has some nice detail what did it cost?
Hi Wallis..

It wasn't cheap, but there is a great deal of detail and visual effects in the design that can't be seen just by looking at the picture posted..

I supplied him with a new Black coloured Arai lid and we sat down for quite sometime discussing the design, before I was happy for him to go ahead..

The final price was as MikeF4UK mentioned £420 all in.. I would consider that my design is not straight forward, and Richard took a lot of time getting it just right.. There is no decals involved, and what you see is all paint..

At the end of the day, you have to go with what your budget allows..

Word of advise.. It sometimes works out £20 cheaper if you supply Richard with a pain White lid, as there is less prep involved.. Don't ask me why !!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
JDS said:
Word of advise.. It sometimes works out £20 cheaper if you supply Richard with a pain White lid, as there is less prep involved.. Don't ask me why !!
Richart told me to get a white lid as otherwise he has to paint them white to draw the design on............then Rage told me to buy a black one as all the trim, (vents etc) are also black and he would rather not paint the vents
all a bit :confused:
 

Attachments

·
King of Bling
Joined
·
9,826 Posts
Hey Mike..

Go figure ??.. You know these artists are sensitive souls.. Ha,ha

Like your design... Very much "The Doctor" Rossiesque stylie..

I see you went down the MV logo route... I kept away from that option, in case I got pissed off with the brand, and got something else.. Mind you, you wouldn't believe how ofter that thought runs through my mind..

I'd get some strange looks from the Bologna twin mob if I wore another Itailan branded lid...

I have no brand loyalties at present, and I think it's the best way to remain ...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top