MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some bad back problems off and on for a few years and they have really got worse since trapping a nerve a couple of months ago.

My doctor has advised that I really shouldn't be riding sports bikes given the riding position.

Had a great blast out on the F4 at the weekend but have been in some pain since so it really needs to go to a good home.

Not sure what the market is like over here in the UK but I'll have a scout around before I put it up for sale.

It's an '05 F4 1000S in blue/silver (may favourite colour!) with just under 1,800 miles on. Totally stock and great condition - pretty obvious given the age & lack of miles I guess!

I'm guessing somewhere around the £8K mark? Maybe slightly under as I think the mono in red tends to fetch more than the bi in blue.

Should appear in the for sale ads here soon.

I'll be sad to see it go but I can't carry on risking my back as it's getting worse each year!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Totally agree with you Greg. Sorry to hear the bike has to go Barrie, please stick around on the forum. Would a Brute with the more upright riding position not be an alternative? :idea:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Have a look on autotrader's bike section. I think you'll find that 1000s are fetching (or at least asking) better money than that. (Especially as it looks like summer's starting early!! :))

Si

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheCatWhisperer said:
Have a look on autotrader's bike section. I think you'll find that 1000s are fetching (or at least asking) better money than that. (Especially as it looks like summer's starting early!! :))

Si
You may be right!

None on Autotrader for less than £8,995.

May have to revise my estimate :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have you gotten a second opinion?

I had a doctor tell me to give up chocolate 15 years ago...
I'm still eating candy and he's dead.

The MV is still great art and a delight for the soul to look at.

Good luck what ever you decide.

·
Registered
367 Posts
greylola said:
Have you gotten a second opinion?

I had a doctor tell me to give up chocolate 15 years ago...
I'm still eating candy and he's dead.

The MV is still great art and a delight for the soul to look at.

Good luck what ever you decide.
:laughing: Very funny mate...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The brutale would be the only way for you to enjoy riding and keep an MV.
They really have grown on me these last few months,the riding pos looks fairly nuetral.
Would be a shame to lose an MV lover over this,but only you can make that decision.

·
Registered
341 Posts
:idea: sorry to hear about your bad back,but the guys are right,a brutale is the way to go.Having come from a Ducati 748r to a 910 and not being as young and mobile as i once was its the best thing i`ve done in a long time,plus you still have everything that goes with being an MV owner.hope you manage to sort something out :f4: :stopp:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've had some bad back problems off and on for a few years and they have really got worse since trapping a nerve a couple of months ago.
My doctor has advised that I really shouldn't be riding sports bikes given the riding position.
My doctor told me a year ago that I have reduction in spine density that will likely get progressively worse. It's not so bad that they call it Osteoperosis yet.. but it may become so. I've noticed in the last few months that my lower back really gives me jip after doing gardening, laying flooring, riding bikes, etc., so may be looking at a future without motorcycles in a few years, (at least sportsbikes anyhow.) But for now I'm going to ride them until I can't any longer.

Si

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe you should give up gardening and laying flooring, its not good for you but keep riding its got to be good for the soul.

sorry to hear about your bad back, good luck with the sale of the bike, I was thinking of putting high bar's (e-moto) on my F4 due to a back problem (not sure if I can part with the F4 its just to much fun and to cool).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sorry if I'm asking a daft question, is it a 1+1?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I'm also very sorry to hear about your problems, and I really do hope that you can resolve them.

Your post has made me realise how much professional advice differs. I've had a neurosurgeon, a manipulative physiotherapist (it's a level of physio over here), and a chiropractor all tell me that riding a bike is better for my back than getting in and out of a car - and I have to agree with them. Mind you, I've never owned a 'proper' sportsbike (I like naked bikes), so I can't really comment on the F4 - but as someone said, the Brutale may be worth a try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear about the back problem.

The Mv F4 is a bit hard on the lower back and wrists.

I agree with the other comments. Just swapped my F4S for R and going rate is about 9K.

Try a Brutale. Similar handling but much better riding position for normal use.

I have a KTM 990 Superduke for the odd occasion that I get sick of being bent double. The Brutale is very similar. Have looked at it myself since they introduced the 910R. The 750 was a bit flat for a 'Naked' bike.

Good luck

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts