MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m going tto Italy in June and I want to visit the MV plant can anyone give me any tips or info in going there?

I remember seeing some pics from there that someone posted up.
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
darthmvader said:
I m going tto Italy in June and I want to visit the MV plant can anyone give me any tips or info in going there?

I remember seeing some pics from there that someone posted up.
I am envious... is this trip for work or pleasure? if you do end up touring the MV plant, please remember to take a couple(hundred) pictures. :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
odonata said:
I am envious... is this trip for work or pleasure? if you do end up touring the MV plant, please remember to take a couple(hundred) pictures. :naughty:

Take a big Santa Claus sack with you and slip in a few titanium parts when no body is looking! :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Oh so lucky...I cant get enough of those production line photos! Seeing the machines being put together and assembled....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pigiolino said:
You are welcome in Italy !!!
Don't forget:
MV AGUSTA CORSE (RSM) dealer limited editions and MV AGUSTA in Varese dealer others motorcycles..
If you have information, send me a message I can give you my telephone number for help you...
pigiolino
Are you in Italy? I d appreciate any help. My girlfriend is setting up this trip to Europe so I need to get this in early in the plans or it wont happen. It will be the highlight of this trip.

So the headquarters is in Varese, Italy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
darthmvader said:
Are you in Italy? I d appreciate any help. My girlfriend is setting up this trip to Europe so I need to get this in early in the plans or it wont happen. It will be the highlight of this trip.

So the headquarters is in Varese, Italy?
Weekend 17-18june is the cascina costa Meeting at the museum/helicopter factory site!!

http://www.magni.it/mvagusta/12_revival_en.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
darthmvader said:
It will be the highlight of this trip.
I'm sure the MV plant will be awesome, but man, if you've never been to Italy, you're in for more treats than just that!

Every meal there is an event. Best food in the world to my palette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
luvtolean said:
I'm sure the MV plant will be awesome, but man, if you've never been to Italy, you're in for more treats than just that!

Every meal there is an event. Best food in the world to my palette.

Too true, the pasta is just.......Bellissimo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
You might also coordinate with the Milan Enciema (sp?) bike show... the biggest candy show on earth....!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kamranmarashi said:
You might also coordinate with the Milan Enciema (sp?) bike show... the biggest candy show on earth....!

when is that? also has anyone been to Milano and is there much to do or see?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
The Milan motorcycle show is in November. I went this past November, it is awesome. The MV factory is about 35 miles north of Milan in Varese. Good luck getting any kind of a tour, I was told that they do not do tours. You would probably need to know somebody in Italy to have it arranged. Don't think that you can just show up and they will let you in, I tried that and it didn't work. Also the place is really hard to find and without a GPS unit, darn near impossible at least it was for me anyway. I also went to MV Corse in San Marino. Again, they are not really set up for visitors or retail sales. There is a front room with a few bikes set up, a few parts displays and that is all. They seemed really kind of suprised to have someone from the US just walk in and want to buy things. They asked me if I had an appointment, when I said no, they were perplexed as to why I was there. It was still worth the effort just to see it. Good luck I am sure you will have a great time! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
darthmvader said:
when is that? also has anyone been to Milano and is there much to do or see?
Your best bet is to coordinate going to the show with pigiolino (http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=885). As mentioned, it's in November. Your best bet to get a tour is to go to the Eicma show http://www.eicma.it/moto/en/ and try to kiss up to some of the MV VIP's there and see if you get a tour out of it....
Good luck and have fun there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Contact this guy Dwight Mitchell

Dartmvader,

You might try and contact Dwight Mitchell here is a link to his visit to the factory. It is old article but when I read your post it made me remember it.

http://www.dm8.com/mvagusta.htm
http://www.dm8.com/crc.htm
Hope that helps

Please, Please, Please take more pictures than he did :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fasduc said:
The Milan motorcycle show is in November. I went this past November, it is awesome. The MV factory is about 35 miles north of Milan in Varese. Good luck getting any kind of a tour, I was told that they do not do tours. You would probably need to know somebody in Italy to have it arranged. Don't think that you can just show up and they will let you in, I tried that and it didn't work. Also the place is really hard to find and without a GPS unit, darn near impossible at least it was for me anyway. I also went to MV Corse in San Marino. Again, they are not really set up for visitors or retail sales. There is a front room with a few bikes set up, a few parts displays and that is all. They seemed really kind of suprised to have someone from the US just walk in and want to buy things. They asked me if I had an appointment, when I said no, they were perplexed as to why I was there. It was still worth the effort just to see it. Good luck I am sure you will have a great time! :)

There must be somewhere in Italy that has a large MV store/ museum or something for visitors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Well, there is the MV museum in Cascina Costa (close to the Malpensa airport), I went there also. It was all the old bikes and lots of helicopter displays, it is not affliated with the factory. They had a few T shirts for sale, but that was about it for the gift shop. They are only open certain days of the week, here is the website:
http://www.dgualdo.it/museo-agusta.htm

Like I said in my earlier post, I went to the factory in Varese (no tour), the Milan Motorcycle show and MV Corse in San Marino. The motor show (MV display) was the best of all. Another cool spot I visited was MotoCorse in San Marino, now that place is the ultimate candy store, well worth the effort to find. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to japan last dec. and I put it off for a week going to Motocorse. I planned to go on my last day there and it turned out to be the 1 odd day in the month they were closed :bawling:

Thanks for the insight.
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
fasduc said:
Well, there is the MV museum in Cascina Costa (close to the Malpensa airport), I went there also. It was all the old bikes and lots of helicopter displays, it is not affliated with the factory. They had a few T shirts for sale, but that was about it for the gift shop. They are only open certain days of the week, here is the website:
http://www.dgualdo.it/museo-agusta.htm

Like I said in my earlier post, I went to the factory in Varese (no tour), the Milan Motorcycle show and MV Corse in San Marino. The motor show (MV display) was the best of all. Another cool spot I visited was MotoCorse in San Marino, now that place is the ultimate candy store, well worth the effort to find. :cool:
did they have those show bikes like the F4 1080cr Platino(motocorse.jp) there? I would love to see those bikes in person. :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top