MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The astute and active around these parts know that I finally SOLD Tamburini 292 ONLY because of cervical issues. The sport position required of an F4 just made riding uncomfortable given my C5-7 bulging disc and aging foraminal MRI findings.
Time to move on and I did after 14300 SPLENDID miles, some a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, my riding F4 partner Thomas moved on, to Galway:bawling:.

I HATE not having an MV in my garage. Having ridden a 910R and a 1078 Cannonball a couple of years back I wasn't enamored with the brute. But last week, I rode my buddies speed triple and tested the naked feel, & though the throttle response on his bike was not really to my liking, I am sure with time I would become accustomed, AS WITH ALMOST ANYTHING. So NOW it's time to find a new mistress...:naughty:

So today, I was able to test a Brute 800 and liked my ride. Naked for sure but pleasant, I WANT more BRUTE:yo:. They did not have a test 1090, but do have a 1090RR :mouthwate awaiting a new mount :brutale::mouthwate.

I would appreciate current ride reports and updated reviews & pics from this experienced group. Even Randy should chime in, and personally invite me to Bub. I have scanned all current posts and web content relevant to my search, and will be :conveyer: till a new MV resides at this address.

So stay tuned, Reopropf NEVER left :drummer:

Peter

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have never ridden and F4 but I can say without hesitation that my Cannonball is an absolute hoot to ride!! Very comfortable but can be aggressive if you choose to do so.

As for power? My bike scares me. Period.

I'm also local to philly. Give a shout if you want to come check out My Brutale Cannonball. Its always fun to chat about bikes.

Chestnuthill actually.

All the best,
Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Even Randy should chime in, and personally invite me to Bub......
Peter, with or without a Brutie, you are personally invited to Bubbalicious 5.

:)

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Hi Peter, having both an F4 312R and a Brutale 1090RR in the garage....I think you will find that the Brute will impress you. It is the first bike I have ridden that absolutely disappeared underneath me (NO fat jokes fellas!). It is an easy bike to tool around on or to go blazingly fast on. It is simply fun without all the work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Peter, I feel your pain, literally.
Before my Brutale I've had GSX-R1000's for the better part of the last decade.
The last one tuned up to 180bhp on the rear wheel.
Alas like yourself, my body could no longer endure the torment of the riding position especially at speeds below 80mph. This is when I turned to the naked world as well.
Trying a couple of nakeds, none could impress at all until I drove a 2010 1090RR!
Unfortunately the budget didn't allow for it so I settled for a 990R.
And while I do still sometimes miss diving into corners head first, this bike brings a smile from ear to ear every time I open up the trottle and get a torque response in every gear!
Nonetheless I can finally drive for hours again and no acking at all, not even with a passenger, wich was truly killing me on the GSX-R.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Good news Peter!! You belong to the MV community :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Why buy a Cannonball Kit?

The 2012 plus years of the 1090 RR have the F4 cylinder head and hot cams. The engine comes de-tuned from the factory.

Putting up the rev limiter to 12200 rpm (where it should have been from the factory) and a dyno-tuned ECU (mine by Rexxer) you have 180 hp at the crank or 167 hp at the rear wheel.

That is pretty much for a naked bike......

·
Registered
171 Posts
Peter, I have a 2012 1090RR that I've put about 8k on and it's become my "go to " bike lately. It does everything well and I can ride it all day with few issues. It has more than enough power for street riding and surprises some sportbikes on a throttle roll. I live near you and you are more than welcome to borrow it for a day if you want to experience it for more than a 10 min test drive.
I ran into your neighbor Larry the other day and talked about what you were looking for and that you sold your Tamburini.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why buy a Cannonball Kit?

The 2012 plus years of the 1090 RR have the F4 cylinder head and hot cams. The engine comes de-tuned from the factory.

Putting up the rev limiter to 12200 rpm (where it should have been from the factory) and a dyno-tuned ECU (mine by Rexxer) you have 180 hp at the crank or 167 hp at the rear wheel.

That is pretty much for a naked bike......

Couldnt agree more. If I were buying a new 1090RR then the Cannonball kit wouldn't be necessary. You are making respectable HP out of the new motor with tuning and that is fantastic!!!

At the time however (2010), the only way to obtain over 170hp (171hp to the wheel to be exact) was with the cannonball kit (2010) And the motor was built and tuned by Eraldo Ferracci. That makes this bike very special....at least to me.

They really are fantastic motorcycles!!

·
Registered
14,203 Posts
....I think you will find that the Brute will impress you. It is the first bike I have ridden that absolutely disappeared underneath me (NO fat jokes fellas!). It is an easy bike to tool around on or to go blazingly fast on. It is simply fun without all the work.

and why not???? :drummer:

I agree with your riding description Chuck

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
The astute and active around these parts know that I finally SOLD Tamburini 292 ONLY because of cervical issues. The sport position required of an F4 just made riding uncomfortable given my C5-7 bulging disc and aging foraminal MRI findings.
Time to move on and I did after 14300 SPLENDID miles, some a bit uncomfortable. Moreover, my riding F4 partner Thomas moved on, to Galway:bawling:.

I HATE not having an MV in my garage. Having ridden a 910R and a 1078 Cannonball a couple of years back I wasn't enamored with the brute. But last week, I rode my buddies speed triple and tested the naked feel, & though the throttle response on his bike was not really to my liking, I am sure with time I would become accustomed, AS WITH ALMOST ANYTHING. So NOW it's time to find a new mistress...:naughty:

So today, I was able to test a Brute 800 and liked my ride. Naked for sure but pleasant, I WANT more BRUTE:yo:. They did not have a test 1090, but do have a 1090RR :mouthwate awaiting a new mount :brutale::mouthwate.

I would appreciate current ride reports and updated reviews & pics from this experienced group. Even Randy should chime in, and personally invite me to Bub. I have scanned all current posts and web content relevant to my search, and will be :conveyer: till a new MV resides at this address.

So stay tuned, Reopropf NEVER left :drummer:

Peter
Same situation. Sold my F4 and went to a 1090RR. Way too much fun and you can actually ride longer than 30 minutes. There is some comfort in the seat, the power is fantastic and it is still the same MV sexuality

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
That is at the entrance of the fmaous Nuerburgring here.

Must have killed his suspesnion there......

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
That's a two cow suit!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts