MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... ive been thinking about going "dark(ish)" for my 910R... Its past 55,000kms now, past the point that I would sell the bike, and some of the bits need redoing (re-anodizing, re-painting, etc). So i have been thinking about changing the look at little!

This is my very quick/dirty photoshop idea... Its a little hard to show it exactly the same as mine as i have the arrow shorty on mine, but you get the idea. I would be interested in input from others, any other good ideas or thoughts?

First cut before and afters:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Do the engine matte black and leave the rim stripes off....also an Arrow thunder in black carbon might look good there .

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do the engine matte black and leave the rim stripes off....also an Arrow thunder in black carbon might look good there .
yea - the black engine is what i really want in the end.. but this is stage 1 :) .At the moment im going to stick with the sliver Arrow thunder can, but carbon is the plan.

On the rim stripes... i like them! :D i think you either really do or really don't...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My problem with going all black is you lose the detail in the bike.

Sure the black is cool but i can't see shit in that second pic. If it were on the street all in black, i wouldn't look twice because it wouldn't stand out.

You need to look at James' bike. He got it spot on. Bright colours grab your attention even if it's on the other side of the carpark. That's the way to go with the MV's IMO.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My problem with going all black is you lose the detail in the bike.

Sure the black is cool but i can't see shit in that second pic. If it were on the street all in black, i wouldn't look twice because it wouldn't stand out.

You need to look at James' bike. He got it spot on. Bright colours grab your attention even if it's on the other side of the carpark. That's the way to go with the MV's IMO.
Thats OK! i ride with some F4 owners, they can attract the attention... all bling and no sting! :stickpoke

Oh - i haven't got the fun tokens to match Jame's 910R!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine came with the black engine.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thats OK! i ride with some F4 owners, they can attract the attention... all bling and no sting! :stickpoke

Oh - i haven't got the fun tokens to match Jame's 910R!
Try a few air brush places and see who will deal.

Prepping the parts yourself saves a lot of $$$.

You can paint the radiator plastics and frame cover yourself for peanuts.

I still say keep away from black unless it's something you are really keen to have. I think white works very, very well. $400 to paint your wheels, $400 to paint the rear seat and tank at a spray painter. Is that within your budget?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Like the idea a lot , maybe combine it with some carbon parts (on exhaust) etc..
keep us informed :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+10

Nice Simon, I like the red on the rims, detail. Get Ade to do a seat job. Not sure how you'd go at keeping pipes black and shiny.
:popcorn:
You realise that once you started something like this, there is no turning back :smoking:

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
yea - the black engine is what i really want in the end.. but this is stage 1 :) .At the moment im going to stick with the sliver Arrow thunder can, but carbon is the plan.

On the rim stripes... i like them! :D i think you either really do or really don't...
I like it!!:mouthwate:mouthwate

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Nice Simon, I like the red on the rims, detail. Get Ade to do a seat job. Not sure how you'd go at keeping pipes black and shiny.
:popcorn:

Ask in Classic department , had some product way back, when i had lots of oldies , had to rub it in every few months :drummer:

ps rub it in , like sun oil on the ladies ;)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like it except for the exhaust, I'd leave that alone if it was mine.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
exactly......:naughty:

·
Registered
178 Posts
my only concern is visibility. that thing looks like a stealth fighter..not good when ur overtired cabbie is doing his blind lane change to pick up a customer, in the middle of the intersection , while cutting you off, and braking hard......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Engine black, frame plates stock, valve covers red.

The rest of your idea looks great, though.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I like anyone who has the nerve to change from the original but there is a fine line in getting right and getting wrong, i like it but too much black for my personal tastes, IMO if most of the bike is black then the wheels have to be another colour, i really the gold that is on the new F3, if you had it all black and the wheels and frame plates that F3 gold i reckon that could look pretty cool, need to get it photoshopped though to give you an idea, maybe one of PS experts on the site could do it for you.

by the way thanks for the comments on my bike!!

Cheers

james

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Si....dont forget the smoked lense covers mate !!! :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OK! After nearly 2 months off the bike, with alternator problems, and then the SPU going... parts are a "c&*t" to get here in NZ. I'm finally starting to get the brutale back together and after a good effort today.. it now resembles a bike! Still waiting on the replacement SPU (being replaced under parts warranty, since i got a new one 6 months ago), should be here next week! fingers x'ed everyone please! :)

I sent the radiator covers and frame "fill in" panel away to the anodizers. Stripped, polished and anodized black... wasn't 100% happy with the finish but its the best they could get them, but it will do in the mean time (i am now saving for carbon!).

Got the new headlight on, but have not wired it as yet... the side bolts that hold it on are too big for the new headlight - the diameter of the bolt is just slightly too large. TFYP.

One good thing about this is that i have just about taken it apart and put back together about 3 times... getting faster at that now :). Have done an amazing amount of cleaning, just about every bit.. and you can only start to see the results of that when you put it back together, hard work is paying off! Can't wait to take it for a ride...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts