MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
When you think that the machinery 30 or 40 years ago wasn't anywhere near as sophisticated as modern tackle, it makes his (Ago's) achievements all the more impressive. :smoking:

·
Registered
9 Posts
ago is such a cool dude,also the great man has actualy sat on my bike and autographed it too,got some photos of him on the bike.am i worthy to sit on it :smoking:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pier,that is such a fantastic photo...what is the story behind the photo..what year & at what track was it taken...Imola?? Thanks for sharing such a great photo of Ago &
MV.

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
299 Posts
Five minutes after posting my phone rang, but now that I'm back on track I can say that I believe the track in question is Scarborough (an English short track)...I did not know my brother John follows MVAgusta.net so intently!
Have you or has anyone heard of a movie called "Continental Circus"? It is about GP racing of that era staring Agostini as himself! I have been trying to track down a copy in the US with no luck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
hey mlawless,

I'm not sure if it was 'Continental Circus',- but there was a very '70's documentary made about bike racing on the Isle of Man. It featured Pat Hennen,- death at every corner kinda stuff...... soundtrack with accelerated heartbeats on the starting grid.. BUT very cool!

Kinda like Roman Polanski's docu about the Monaco F1 GP...1971/'72ish, where Wee Jackie Stewart talks about not shagging his wife for a week.......! "..because there's death at every corner..."...!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
........oh YEAH, BTW........ the hump at Cadwell..... do a google for this to see current BSB's 8ft in the air...

·
Registered
299 Posts
The movie with Pat Hennen sounds very interesting: the same race event that
almost ended his life and did end his career... I could not locate it on IMDb-do you know the name of it or were I could locate a copy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts