MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off the Brutale 1078 Saturday for a dyno tune after installing race ECU, PCV, Arrow midpipe & double barrel exhaust. Dyno is Factory Pro EC997 and tuner is Marc with 10+years AMA trackside tuning experience.

Anyways..he calls me after a few runs and states there is a minor glitch ONLY at 9200 rpm, peak power. He has tried to lean it out and richen fuel it, but it did not change in the condition. He stated it runs great throughout the rest of the rev range with no symptoms except at 9200. He say it sounds/feels like a misfire. He said it was very minor, but wanted to mention it so I can trouble shoot it if I wanted to. I haven't felt any "glitch" when I ride it, so it must be minor. He said he would be done tuning it Monday, and that fueling would spot on and good.

As for the "glitch" at 9200 rpm, anyone have ideas on what it could be? I will post the dyno chart when I pick up the bike sometime this week. I thought I would start with changing the spark plugs as the bike has 10,000 miles. Second, can one or multiple coils start failing at peak power? Any way to test coils? I will be doing a track day at Sonoma raceway in 9 days, so I'll make a mental note to track the condition. Thanks all...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I would have changed the plugs before taking the bike for a Dyno tune, like starting with a clean sheet, but that's where I would go looking first. As for the coils, have a look in the Workshop manuals, there's a very simple description on how to test them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dyno chart..

Here is the dyno chart that shows the dip at 9200 rpm.

I'll check to see if I can feel it when I ride it, and then start with changing the spark plugs to see if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Felt "glitch" at track

So I recently did a trackday and started to notice a boost in power, almost like a power band kicking on a two stroke, from 9k rpm up to 10k rpm. It didn't feel like I lost any power before it kicked in, and was actually surprise at how the "boost" felt. I'm assuming it was where the dip was, and the spike shortly thereafter on the dyno, just didn't expect it to be so noticeable. Really nothing to complain about..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had my 1078rr brutale mapped last week, stock ecu with PCV, stock air filter but with a set of standard 910 headers with arrow defatted Mid section and arrow end can, after a tank of gas and 87 Dyno runs later I was happy with 150.6bhp and 86.3ib/ft torque at the wheel with the baffle out, 8bhp and 3lb/ft more that with baffle in. No dips or flat spots with an almost straight 13.1 afr across the board

1 - 9 of 9 Posts