MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever took my Tamburini key, I need it back. I have been looking for it since 6am, I can't find it anywhere...There is a beautiful day wasting away, and now I am so furious I have torn the entire house apart looking for it. :rant:

No, it is NOT in the ignition or tail release...

D A M M I T ! ! !

Please give it back to me, God, I will go to church or something, I swear!!!

Griff
twoeleven
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
twoeleven said:
Whoever took my Tamburini key, I need it back. I have been looking for it since 6am, I can't find it anywhere...There is a beautiful day wasting away, and now I am so furious I have torn the entire house apart looking for it. :rant:

No, it is NOT in the ignition or tail release...

D A M M I T ! ! !

Please give it back to me, God, I will go to church or something, I swear!!!

Griff
twoeleven
Sorry, I didn't know you'd notice :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
I'm holding it hostage till I get the Mito :flamethro:














jk, sorry you can't find it, no spare?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tamburini, you were suspect #1, I assure you, but your name was cleared when it was discovered that the bike was still in the garage...Clearly, you don't have the key.

The spare is here, packed away in the box that has all of the nifty stuff I got with the bike...It is principle now, I know I didn't lose it, I temporarily placed it "somewhere safe" I am sure, while I was probably on the phone or something, so it could be anywhere. I've lost keys before, but golly, after about ten minutes I always find them...AAAAAAAAaaaaaaarrrgh!

Griff
twoeleven
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Mine is sometimes in my watch pocket in my jeans.
Check the fridge.
Good luck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magic!!! Post your problems on this board and they will be solved!!! Or, it may have been my direct request to God...Either way, I decided I had checked everywhere I could have PLACED it, and I went into LOST it mode...I have a sectional sofa, and it was on the floor between two sections, must have fallen from my pocket. I had to pull the elements of the couch apart to get to it!!!

IVE GOT IT!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Goin' for a ride, thanks for the support, this place is magic...Or mythical.

Enjoy the day,

Griff
twoeleven
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
I once came back to the house after a ride, bustin' for a pee, and went straight to the toilet, leaving my bike key on the cistern top. Next day I was looking everywhere for that key, I had the car in pieces and every jacket and coat I owned was searched before I remembered where I'd left it. :crazyeyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
I came back from a ride on the Senna...parked it in the garage etc etc...evening time I am itching for another ride with my brother...couldnt find the keys. Looked for an hour. Finally gave up and came to the garage hoping just looking at the bike would cheer me up when I noticed the key in the ignition...5 minutes I had my gear on and was out the door! What a n00b!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On and off for 5.5 hours I looked for that thing! Glad to see I'm not the only one! I spent way too much time looking for a place that I was sure I had set it down, it was only after exhausting all ideas that I started looking for it in places where it might be lost. Alas, paydirt was mine...Beautiful day, beautiful bike, and my new, free helmet out in the sunshine!


Departing for wheelie practice, in the So Cal sunshine!



:f4:



Griff
twoeleven
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,588 Posts
Don't you guys have a spare key?? :stickpoke


Not that I'm too bright either on this occasion... Once at the gasstation lots of people gathered around the MV (yup it's a beauty...) when I came back after paying I couldn't find the key in front of all those people. Making me more nervous than I already was isn't helping either. After 20 minutes I realized it fell in the inside of my helmet :wtf: :jsm: :banghead:
 

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
twoeleven said:
On and off for 5.5 hours I looked for that thing! Glad to see I'm not the only one! I spent way too much time looking for a place that I was sure I had set it down, it was only after exhausting all ideas that I started looking for it in places where it might be lost. Alas, paydirt was mine...Beautiful day, beautiful bike, and my new, free helmet out in the sunshine!


Departing for wheelie practice, in the So Cal sunshine!



:f4:



Griff
twoeleven
I like your SCORPION helmet Griff!!!!
One day,I'll buy one for me.I remember the stand in Laguna Seca....
ciao
Pier



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
Don't you guys have a spare key?? :stickpoke


Not that I'm too bright either on this occasion... Once at the gasstation lots of people gathered around the MV (yup it's a beauty...) when I came back after paying I couldn't find the key in front of all those people. Making me more nervous than I already was isn't helping either. After 20 minutes I realized it fell in the inside of my helmet :wtf: :jsm: :banghead:
DOH! :nutkick:

I dropped mine at the petrol station the other day inside the shop and I didn't notice as I was wearing earplugs (and helmet)...I noticed someone bending down and putting thier hand under a food stand fishing around (a gap barely big enough to slide your hand under) and coming up saying I think this belongs to you... :jsm: thank you again to that beautiful woman for without her help it's quite possible that I would not have found the key... thank you again to that beautiful woman without who's help it's quite possible that I would not have found the key.

I now do what Stirls (Ozboy) does and it goes straight in the pocket after coming out the bike...and before I wind this up, yes this may be the last servo in my state that lets you walk in with your helmet on...many won't even turn on the pump until it's off and others will lock you out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
twoeleven said:
IVE GOT IT!!!
Wise man says... Lost item is found in the last place you look for it. ;)

I use one of those lanyards with the clip release. If I'm riding, the lanyard ALWAYS goes around my neck and if I'm off the bike the key ALWAYS gets clipped back into the lanyard. If I'm not out riding, the lanyard always gets hung up in the same spot.

Here's a VR lanyard on ebay. If you're not fussy about logos, you can find lanyards for as little as 99 cents.

Valentino Rossi Sun & Moon lanyard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
i lost my ignition key while the engine was still running! riding a kawasaki gtr1000 a few years ago in spain i'd ridden along a long trail to a campsite when i stopped to turn the engine off no key! found it a few hundred yards back down the track which was so corrugated it had caused the key to vibrate out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Rockethouse said:
DOH! :nutkick:

I dropped mine at the petrol station the other day inside the shop and I didn't notice as I was wearing earplugs (and helmet)...I noticed someone bending down and putting thier hand under a food stand fishing around (a gap barely big enough to slide your hand under) and coming up saying I think this belongs to you... :jsm: thank you again to that beautiful woman for without her help it's quite possible that I would not have found the key... thank you again to that beautiful woman without who's help it's quite possible that I would not have found the key.

I now do what Stirls (Ozboy) does and it goes straight in the pocket after coming out the bike...and before I wind this up, yes this may be the last servo in my state that lets you walk in with your helmet on...many won't even turn on the pump until it's off and others will lock you out.
Simon, you wore your helmet inside a petrol station? :jsm:

Mate, in Perth you would have been dragged over the coals for that !!! :mad:

Good to see the "key in the pocket trick mate" :D

I remember when I first got my licence, I tried filling the bike up while sitting on the bike.
The attendant came out and promptly told me to get off my bike ... he didnt what to put me out with a fire extiguisher ... I was off it in 2 seconds flat! LOL
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top