MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
I was looking at some bespoke Gimoto leathers yesterday, they look fantastic, stunning quality and for a change, are made to measure in Italy. I just wondered if anyone either owns a set of their leathers or has any feedback. They are the best leathers I have seen at the price point so far, grateful for any info on the brand.

http://www.gimoto.com/eng/

Cheers,
Martin

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Morning all,
I was looking at some bespoke Gimoto leathers yesterday, they look fantastic, stunning quality and for a change, are made to measure in Italy. I just wondered if anyone either owns a set of their leathers or has any feedback. They are the best leathers I have seen at the price point so far, grateful for any info on the brand.

http://www.gimoto.com/eng/

Cheers,
Martin
Martin..

They look like a nice design suit.., What are the prices ???..as I couldn't see them quoted..

I wear M Tech which is also made in Italy..Very good made suit, and is light weight and fits well.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wear a brand new VT-6 on measure Gimoto one piece leather suit.

It is a really great product, fit like a second skin, and very comfortable on the bike.

Communication with the factory is very quick and kind.

Price is around 1100 EUR in cow leather.

You can't be wrong by bying one. Measure are really easy to take by yourself. You chose your colors and many other options and around three weeks later you receive your suit home.

All the process can be made on their web site.

Hope this help !

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a custom kangaroo gimoto suit. Aero hump hollowed out for a camel back.
The quality is excellent. I would highly recommend getting measured by the actual dealer, though. I was measured by a seamstress at a tailor and my suit came back a little too tight. It loosened up enough so that I can now wear it, but I would still like slightly less constricting measurements.

I would definitely buy from them again. Next time I would add:
Better access to the aero hump for putting the camel back in.
Another pocket on the inside - maybe in the stomach area. Chest pockets seem weird to me. My phone will likely break my ribs if I wreck with it in my chest pocket.
I think that's it - Everything else is perfect.

Here are some pics:

You can see it's pretty tight in a tuck

Butt panels are completely stretched in a tuck.

You can see I wear a mountain bike jersey over it to keep it clean. It's easy to throw the jersey in the washer. Harder to clean the leather.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Weenie! You're obviously overweight! Eat less, work out.. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I'll now go and wrestle myself into my new Hideout kangaroo onepiece, now with back protector... I'm always afraid I have to call help to get me out again! But it doesn't pinch, it just fits really closely... :smoking:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The Gimoto suit looks good, but my main concern would be how well do these suit handle a crash. There was a review done on youtube by Sportbiketrackgear.com on the Gimoto suit, but I can't remember the outcome.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
P.s. Cryptyk: I really like your design (as well) :drummer:

That's a strangely cut suit from behind Mike...looks far too tight around your butt, and really loose on the arms and shoulders....??
Is that a brand new suit, it looks really retro. Does it have shoulder armour ??

I'm not sure how you're going to sit on an F4 with leathers that tight across the old backside ...LOL
Better you than me !!!!

Cryptyk..nice lookin suit. Keep wearing it...it will stretch:)I like Gimoto's gear

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Does it have shoulder armour ??
Of course it does! CE approved soft armour everywhere.

And yes it's in some areas but it'll bed in, and then will need some final alterations to make it perfect.

The design is what I like. It's not flashy, I try to act my age...

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Here are some pics:

Butt panels are completely stretched in a tuck.

Ryan...

That is a very nice suit indeed, but man it looks painfully tight :cry:....

Bet you haven't even got room to fart in it !!!!:jsm:

P.s. Cryptyk: I really like your design (as well) :drummer:
Mike..

I used to wear Hideout leathers back in the good old 1980's, when I had a go in the UK race series on board an RD 350YPVS...

Me and my mates all once got a some suits made up in the same design, and called ourselves "Team Drayton", after Drayton Road were we all kept our bikes in a hired lock up garage .. Happy Days back then... :blah:

Nowdays I wear an M Tech suit with a Dianese under race suit to aid fitting and removal of the leather suit..and no I'm not going to post any pics..

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I used to wear Hideout leathers back in the good old 1980's

Yeah, those were the days...

I do like the fact that it's not a really modern design, it's more of a timeless design. I think. :green:

I also like the fact that a (good) leather suit really grows on you. That's what happened with my previous (cowhide) Hideout onepiece, with the twopiece I still have and hopefully with the kangaroo onepiece as well. Particularly a onepiece really looks a lot different after f.i. six months of good use and a lot of sweating in it... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Of course it does! CE approved soft armour everywhere.

And yes it's in some areas but it'll bed in, and then will need some final alterations to make it perfect.

The design is what I like. It's not flashy, I try to act my age...
See, I like flashy, and I never, ever, ever act my age :laughing:
Ask my wife, she often says it's like living with a child when it comes to me.

I also appreciate/become obessed with/get hooked on the latest in technology and advancements in safety with rider apparel. The very latest high end, off the shelf suits are amazingly comfortable as well.

I definately wouldn't swap leathers Mike, but I'd swap bikes with ya !!!!

Hope you break those leathers in soon Mike....
I'm going out tomorrow to break mine in properly :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I never, ever, ever act my age :laughing:
I never said I did, just that I tried... :stickpoke

I've been a partner at a big law firm for almost twenty years; they never got used to me first racing a bicycle (and ending up in hospital very now and then) and now riding a sportsbike and doing trackdays... (and ending up in hospital).

They just don't get it! :bash:

But I do have relatively conservative taste in clothing. On and off the bike...

Enjoy the ride tomorrow! Tomorrow's a day off here and the weather will be absolutely glorious. I'm stuck with the Brutale. I'll do the best I can... :laughing:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Gimoto suit looks good, but my main concern would be how well do these suit handle a crash. There was a review done on youtube by Sportbiketrackgear.com on the Gimoto suit, but I can't remember the outcome.
The UK distributor bought a few in for us to look at, including a set that had been down the road at 130 mph, abraded but no split seams or tears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts