MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know quite a few guys here have the Gilles rearsets. How easy was it to do the reverse shift? Any pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If they are like some of the others, you have the fulcrum (arm on spindle) at the bottom and it pulls back when the shifter is depressed- if you rotate the arm on the spindle to the top, when you push down on the shifter it pushes forward the fulcrum.. thus, a reverse shift... it's not too hard, just rotate the arm...

Coleman

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've got the Gilles on order, so I guess I will find out very soon.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
hello~ Nevermore
how are you?
here is some pix of mine hope it helps
i love them it's very easy to install.
take care~

Steve ^^

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've got the Satos, they are the same way.

I've always been a street shift guy, even at the track, until I got the Ducati with a quick shifter. Quick shift makes way more sense in backwards shift.

Punisher, do you have the frame protectors on under the fairing? I noticed your fairing is away from the timing cover quite a bit, which seems like there is something holding it out. Might help with cooling too.

Not to bug you... But where did you get the frame sliders? I really should do that sometime...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics, Steve. I am curious about those frame sliders as well . . .

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
well i haven't got them yet
but i'm thinking about to get it.
i just don't know when ^^

i will put some pix.when i get it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts