MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
gonna take a while to get used this throttle-not real smooth brake to throttle in the tight corners-like a bit of lag-sticky throttle sorta

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
am real happy with the bike-done 400 odd kays now with no drama-looks like the swingarm chain guide needs replacing-looked at the manual-do i have to pull the swing arm?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Have a look through the forum, there are a few threads about taking the throttle response. Iirc the main one was taking on of the return springs off.
Judging by those tyres, you had a good few runs.:f4:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ordered a new upper chain guide from motocorsa -thought the price (including shipping) was reasonable-the front half has gone missing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
big thanks to adam for the chip-great service,will fit this week,he supplied one for my mates nero as well,will be interesting to compare the difference,cant wait to fuck the ebs off

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
just did 400kms with new eprom from adam-this is not the bike i rode yesterday,superb low down torque increase,no more brake to throttle lag,snatchy throttle gone,no ebs,and im not looking at the temp guage constantly(running about 5-7 c cooler on average)one very happy customer-thanks adam

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hi bevelman, thanks for the updates its nice to see new life in the old girls, can I ask what was changed and where to get one, you mentioned Adam and sure I have read many articles but would like a few pointers. Mine is a standard 2003 EVO3 750 and apart from BMC air filter and servicing it has never been touched, and yes the throttle control is twitchy. Would love to sort that out! cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
had a feeling the rear wheel nut would be a bastard,soaked overnight in yield(rear wheel hasnt been off in 10 years) and of course the fucker was-sore back and a broken breaker bar later ,in the van and off to town to the tyre bloke and we needed a 3/4 inch rattle gun to do the job-the lads fancy alloy rear nut looks a lot worse for wear as well-anyway super corsa,s on today and rego thursday

I bought a hefty Sealy rattle gun to do this, first time I had to hold the gun for 10 seconds straight before it even started to move. Even now after I rebuilt the rear hub, greased it up and torqued it correctly, it still took 6-7 seconds with the gun to loosen it. No idea how people get that nut off without one :surprise:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
bloody radiator has let go-time for a support bracket ,will throw on some samco hoses as well

21 - 33 of 33 Posts