MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 week old Brutale 1090RR came to grief on a pelican crossing locking the front wheel to avoid indecisive driver who went and then did not. Now 4 months later still waiting for a part that has to come from the factory. Dealer doing the repair does not know when it will arrive, importer in the UK does not know or seem to care. All I want to know is how to contact the factory to try and get this moving. What should have been my best summer ever has been completely wasted. Helpppppppppppp. Mark

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
1 week old Brutale 1090RR came to grief on a pelican crossing locking the front wheel to avoid indecisive driver who went and then did not. Now 4 months later still waiting for a part that has to come from the factory. Dealer doing the repair does not know when it will arrive, importer in the UK does not know or seem to care. All I want to know is how to contact the factory to try and get this moving. What should have been my best summer ever has been completely wasted. Helpppppppppppp. Mark
Mark, My next door neighbour is Italian. If you wish to pm me your message to Varese, I can have him translate it into Italian for you as a word document

I feel very sorry for you. I lost the use of my first MV for a year and then 4 months again waiting for the parts via MotoGb.
You are snookered as the bike is under warranty..Out of warranty and you can fit used parts at your own discretion

joe

·
Registered
76 Posts
bummer, you're one of the many people now blocked by the lack of parts but you will be glad to hear that Parts Logistics are now taken over by SAIMA, a very serious partner who should be able to get things up to speed soon. Too late to save your summer probably but reassuring for the future. Hang in there!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Great. Another Mark Smith. I thought I was the only one :).
Sorry to hear about your mis-hap with the auto.
This Mark Smith won't go near 'em, let alone hit one. They'll always win.
I'm saving mine for the Track.
Hope you get your parts soon, Mark Smith.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for a radiator for a month now. all the dealer can tell me is that its on backorder and when they see it they will notafy me.

since I’ve owned this bike its been in the shop longer than my garage.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Mark, as Carl (CAG) has said, what part are you after? Carl has many MV parts and may be able to get you out on the road again, if he hasn't got what you want someone else on here may have.

Estebuu, which radiator do you need? I have a top radiator and gotojoe has a lower one.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I had a conversation with Rob Keith, President of MV Agusta USA. He was very confident that the parts supply chain is going to improve dramatically. He said that if the factory can't get parts to its customers, they might as well close the doors. Of all the things he is tasked with, I feel from our conversation that he thinks this is the most important issue.

I disagree.

But I'm not president of a motorcycle company, and have never worked in one so what do I know.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I had a conversation with Rob Keith, President of MV Agusta USA. He was very confident that the parts supply chain is going to improve dramatically. He said that if the factory can't get parts to its customers, they might as well close the doors. Of all the things he is tasked with, I feel from our conversation that he thinks this is the most important issue.

I disagree.

But I'm not president of a motorcycle company, and have never worked in one so what do I know.
why do you disagree carl?

If I had a 1 week old bike which needed parts I would be looking for brand new replacement parts not 2nd hand parts and I would expect them to be supplied from the factory or a factory distributor

I have had spare parts from yourself with excellent service and delivery times but these parts were for a 2003 EV03 which was being repaired from write off so i had no concern on 2nd hand parts, I appreciate the help you have gave me and many others on the forum but if I am spending £12,000 - £18,000 on a bike brand new, and something goes wrong I would be looking for complete new parts

I sympathise with the originator of this thread and I would also be looking for new parts.

There are a lot of good guys on here willing to help & supply which makes this forum a great place for resourses

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It has nothing to do with new vs used parts. You need to have customers first and you need to take care of your existing customers. Telling a customer he shouldn't be calling you for a problem, he should be calling the dealer is not the way to build relationships. Telling the customer he has to under stand that there are only two of you responsible for the entire country, and you are picking up the pieces of the last organization is not the way to build relationships.

How many customers knew MV Agusta changed its parts distribution network? How many MV Agusta customers knew there were no warehouses in their countries any more stocking parts and all parts would now come from Italy? How many MV Agusta customers knew Italy shuts down for the month of August and if the part wasn't in your country on July 31, it was going to be a month until it was? How many dealers knew this?

Keeping customers informed is more important than having parts available to ship with in one week.

MV Agusta has some serious issues to deal with. The world is a lot smaller than it was 10 years ago and they are not building bikes to the same standard they were 10 years ago. People are not going to put up with the "idiosyncracies" of the previous F4s and Brutales in the new F3, F4, and Brutale. Having parts on hand isn't going to help.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep agree with Carl on what he has said there.

I admit though it is a fine balancing act, but there can be no doubt that the responsibility lies with the importers providing accurate and timely information to their dealer network on areas such as production, distribution, parts, a technical knowledge base etc etc so that the dealers can keep their customers apraised of what is going on.

This is where it seems to fall down with the importers seemingly powerless to get much of a reaction from the Factory.

IMHO I do hope that MV take a leaf out of Ducati's book on these matters, as from what I have expereinced in the past, they appear to have gotten this area of their business sorted.

Our sole dealer on the Island has been aware of the issues surronding the supply of parts from Italy for sometime and communicates these to the customer from the outset. Whilst this in itself is of no use to man or beast, at least they are managing expectations right from the off!

I love MV's and accept that due to their size the distribution network is not going to be the same as that of Honda or Yamaha and therefore supply will be restricted and as a result I will have to wait longer for those parts not held by the importer.

However, at the same time there needs to be an end goal and accurate information available to the customer, after all at least you then know what is going on, which lets face it is half the problem. Not lets give it another week you never know it might turn up....

Dave

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
How many customers knew MV Agusta changed its parts distribution network? How many MV Agusta customers knew there were no warehouses in their countries any more stocking parts and all parts would now come from Italy? How many MV Agusta customers knew Italy shuts down for the month of August and if the part wasn't in your country on July 31, it was going to be a month until it was? How many dealers knew this?

the majority of MV customers in UK know this all to well

Keeping customers informed is more important than having parts available to ship with in one week.
Customers are not informed, although i did receive a recall for my 312R back in 208/2009? due to the tyre it was supplied with, took the bike back to the dealer and got the tyres changed free of charge.
If there are limited or NO dealers no one can be informed, you then need to be kept updated with the likes of MCN and we all know the MCN/MV Agusta relationship of years back wasnt so good, I can go out my way to get the info I need on MV Agusta, but the same cannot be said for collecting new spare parts

MV Agusta has some serious issues to deal with. The world is a lot smaller than it was 10 years ago and they are not building bikes to the same standard they were 10 years ago. People are not going to put up with the "idiosyncracies" of the previous F4s and Brutales in the new F3, F4, and Brutale. Having parts on hand isn't going to help. AGREED
Guess im just glad I had the enjoyment of MV and the quality of MV 9 years back and not of today

·
Registered
76 Posts
After repetitive contact with MV recently (dealermeetings), we strongly feel that we are on the eve of a new era for MV. There is a healthy cashflow, a strong model line-up, realistic plans, and competent people are working in a very focused way and with good priorities. It's true that clients aren't feeling the effects of this yet because changes in the supply chain are slowing the effects, but we are sure they will soon, specially in the parts department that is considered very important (because lucrative!) by Massimo Bordi.

·
Registered
909 Posts
One can only hope that the current regime CAN provide noticable changes in the very near future;

if they really want to increase production levels to those forecast, they will need buyers willing to

make this happen.

As the market is enthusiast-driven, customers are much more knowledgable than other sectors, and

potential buyers will be aware of the company's poor record in the past.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Absolutely, though the new Trepistoni's will attract an new and 'fresh' audience, it will be an audience that couldn't care less about possible reasons why their bike can't be repaired. They will not give MV the credit it has received from fanatical customers so far.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I think I understand what you are saying Andre, and this is the point I made as well. The new buyers will not care about past glory, and won't tolerate the customer service we have become accustomed to. They have some well established, and formidable competition in the 600cc market. Since they can't deliver on price, they are going to have to do it some other way.

In your meetings did they address how they are going to attract and build brand loyalty?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts