MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting 14 years for this moment, ever since I saw those pipes from the rear at Laguna Seca. Figured the 1000 will suit me better though. Its a minter from a forum member, 3500 miles.

:mouthwate

Attachments

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
That looks like brand new!! Very nice and you will enjoy it!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, she's basically stock but does have the cat delete midpipe and was dyno'd at 161 rwhp. Still cant believe these things are so powerful.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Yes they really. Had two of those and did 161 and 164 rw hp.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Gorgeous & so clean. Now go out and get it dirty! :yo:

·
Registered
329 Posts
that thing is extremely mint!:mouthwate congradulations i guess patience pays off cuz that is a hell of a wait lol 161 horse at the wheels?:jsm: im dying to know what my 07 1000r does now lol

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Wow, not a single bug on the radiator. You found a really nice one. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
How did the previous owner keep the engine area so clean? it looks absolutely mint

*drools*
Have to say, she's impressive. Once they start going out in the wet it's hard to keep them that nice.

Whilst mine looks good on the outside, by the time I got to the header bolts, the bottem of battery bay, etc, I have had to use a chemical which halts rust and makes it turn black.

A lady I work with suggested I was missing out because I don't take the Italian mistress out in the wet, but I don't think so. I enjoy my bike being as immaculate as I can keep her, yet still doing about 2,000 miles a year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I share your excitement. I waited many years to find my '06. Looks just like yours with only 3,800 miles. She had a couple unexpected hicups, but I don't hold it against her :mouthwate

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So including the overall wait I had also been stalking John, the previous owner, for 2 years for him to sell it to me. I just returned from a 7 hour round trip with the bike (trailered it back from Seattle to Portland) and spent 3 fascinating hours with John going over the bike from tip to toe. Time very well spent. He attributes some of the cleanliness to spray silicone; specifically Crown 8034.
The bike is beyond mint. I can't get over it :)
Now if this bloody rain would stop :)

Thanks for all your well wishes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts