MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo, finances and life in general are stabilizing once again and I'm shopping for a sport bike. Life is good. My previous 2000 F4 sold last fall in an ill-conceived experiment (long story). So, I'm faced with a similar decision as before when I bought my 2000. Do I spend 12K on a 2005-06 F4 or 12K on a brand new Ducati 848 Evo. The all black mini super bike. More HP than my 14 year old F4, newer tech, looks cool in all flat black, etc.

In the end, it's the rider that makes the difference and I'm not the fastest out there nor the slowest. But I loved being an MV owner and it was always my first objective to become one again. And I don't care for the new models; it's an original for me.

So, new Ducati or old MV. Dollar for dollar. Still Italian, so the Japanese bike thing isn't a factor. Gotta be something unique for me, though Ducati's are far more prevalent these days. Anyway, just looking for opinions. The forum knows all...

:mouthwate

·
Registered
654 Posts
F4 every time.......:f4:
The 848 evo is a nice looking bike, and in the real world is just as fast as a litre bike for us mere mortals, but it doesn't have the class of an MV. The flat black paint is also a bugger to keep clean!!

Dave.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
F4 for me too. For sure more powerfull and just a class bike!!

·
Administrator
19,521 Posts
Why would you want a Ducati (Fiat) when you could have a MV (Ferrari)??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The forum has spoken. Love it. Wouldn't have wanted or expected any other response. So now, shopping...

·
Registered
329 Posts
i seen a few deals on ebay i have a 2007 f4 that i paid ten for early this year i seen a 07 on ebay for in the 9k range the deals are out there

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. I'm definitely looking for a 1000; 2005-2006 yrs since they can still be had in the original red and silver (minus the extra 'trying too hard' decals).

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
What about an F3?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't care for the newer models too much. Though the Brutale I dig.

I'm an old fart stuck in his ways. Should have kept my 2000 F4. Would still be enough for me. But tempted by the thou', if I can get one in red and silver w/ silver star wheels and swap a yellow tach.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't care for the newer models too much. Though the Brutale I dig.

I'm an old fart stuck in his ways. Should have kept my 2000 F4. Would still be enough for me. But tempted by the thou', if I can get one in red and silver w/ silver star wheels and swap a yellow tach.
I had a 04 Evo3 750 which I loved but stupidly traded for a 996R. About 5 years later I bought a 1000S F4 and hated it. The engine and fuel injection were difficult at low speeds and it lacked the useable charm of the 750.

So I have just bought a nice 2000 F4 750 which will be a keeper.

Just sayin' :f4:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts