MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great to see people taking the time to get original history back in the air.

Perhaps they could get some original jets flying, if there are any left...
me262
gloster meteor
lockheed p80

Wold be great to see!!!

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
Blocked content here!! Dang it.....

There are some old jets flying, but no originals of the German's that I know of...replica 262s are being built.

The problem with the really early jets is they are not very reliable or safe.....the problem with later ones is governments refusing to allow civilian use.....but there are a few out there.

From a Google search, here's a partial list:
F-100
A-4
Gloster Meteor
De Havilland Vampire
De Havilland Venom
De Havilland Sea Vixen
Hawker Hunter
Hawker Siddley Buccaneer
EE Lightning
Mig-23
Mig-21
Aero L-129
Aero L-29
Saab Draken
F-104
Sabre
Mig-15
Sea Harrier
EE Canberra

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
We had the only flying HE-111 in the US at our little air show here some years ago. What a crude machine that was....understand it isn't flying anymore, sadly. This is the one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sEP1xzI-U

This was CAF's HE-111, Heinkel a WWII German Bomber. It was the only flying example in ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Like so many great ideas....no-one knew HOW to make it work reliably....it took time.

They realised that was the only way to go faster as props maxed out at relatively low speed. (by today's standard)

The germans got them up and running and if they had concentrated their manufacturing and got the numbers up, instead of diversifying, we would probably all be speaking german!!!!

Luckily they didn't and we don't....well most of us (no offence). Different world in those days.

Here in Wollongong Australia there is an historical aircraft society.
The only vaguely fighting aircraft in airworthy condition is a Hawker Hunter from way back.
The other aircraft here are all civilian or transport type military, and mostly propeller driven.
We do however have one of the few Constellations still flying in the world.
They have just received an Aardvark F111 bomber, (all F111's are now decommissioned), but the RAAF made sure it is not airworthy

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had the only flying HE-111 in the US at our little air show here some years ago. What a crude machine that was....understand it isn't flying anymore, sadly. This is the one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sEP1xzI-U

This was CAF's HE-111, Heinkel a WWII German Bomber. It was the only flying example in ...

Thanks for that Ed...Shame that the crew and aeroplane were lost back in 03..real shame ..

joe

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
There is nothing that sounds like those aircraft, and a craft it was.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to watch it with my son..A couple of beers and a pizza..Happy days..

I'm just watching Aces High...last week it was the Blue Max...

Great stuff ..

joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts