MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help? I've managed to get hold of a genuine mv stradale top box but I'm struggling to get the proper mounting kit, I've spoke to Paul Glassup at Benetts and he's trying his best but admitted that's where their struggling, I also have a givi universal mounting kit but that doesn't quite fit either. Any help getting the right kit would be very much appreciated thanks!
P.s I've also emailed givi who made the luggage but had no reply as yet

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I was watching that but decided I wasn't going to take a chance on a top box that I might never be able to fit? The seller said something about the monolock mount needed "modifying" to fit to the top box and then it also needed mounting to the bike somehow? Worth a punt for £20 but not £100

Seeing that I looked at what exactly the MV mount involved and it was pretty extensive with grab handles, support frame and different under tray and that's when I decided against it. I was also concerned bodging on the Givi mount would encroach on the pillion seat and worried if the Mrs was on the back and she leaned against the top box back pad it might break off?

You could try contacting Perth Motorcycles in Scotland, they had a top box and proper mounting kit on eBay in January which didn't sell, they did want £500 for it though?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping Paul at Bennetts can track a fitting kit down and have emailed givi themselves to see what they say, so fingers crossed it can be sorted! I don't plan on selling the bike anytime soon as I absolutley love it, and if I can get the mounting kit I'm sure when the time comes to sell I'll get my money back as it'll obviously be quite a rare part if they really are that difficult to get the mounting kit, but totally agree £500 is crazy money for a top box!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
List price is ove £600! They sold very few Stradale's and no doubt even fewer of the top boxes. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts