MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2001 F4 for sale locally and I am wondering what kind of maintenance costs one can expect with owning a bike like this. Italian bikes have caught my eye lately and I would love to own one, but I would rather not take out a loan for routine maintenance. I am also interested in reliability for daily commuting.
Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome...
Not all Italian bikes have huge service costs attached, certainly Ducati are on the high cost side, but in my experience MV's are reasonable. If you are going to use a dealership to maintain the bike, make sure its a good one and talk to the mechanic, you will soon see if that option will be not only value for money, but also if the dealer really can service MV's.

Relaibility for commuting is on par with any other brand out there, Italian or otherwise.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I never really thought of commuting on my F4, I suppose some people here do it and in the warmer climes where you don't get salt on the roads in winter like we do here, it's perfect to do so. I would of thought (as an older owner myself) the riding position doesn't suit in traffic riding and I would prefer a Brutale for this kind of job but what the hell do I know anyhow. My usual advice to anyone thinking of buying a F4 750, that is go for an Evo model if you can afford one.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Never thought of the F4 as a commuting vehicle. at all.

No problems on my side. Service costs aren't cheap. dunno about ducati.... Probably depends on where you are.

best advice: don't drop it....that'll cost! :)

where are you???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts