MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a set of silver stockers for months now to no avail. i did blow an auction the other week though due to work :cussing:

anyways, my question being that i don't want to go marchesini should i just hold out on finding some stock silvers or buy some older anthracite rims and have them painted?

the anal part is that MV paint codes are very difficult to find and i like my $hit to be correct. i wonder what code would come up if someone had their rims color matched at a shop?

anyways, there's my dilemna. and i want to do something before the season starts because i'm buying new tires too! what would YOU do?

:blah: :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Paint Codes
F4 750 Red/Silver:

Fairings: PPG paint codes
PPG 954642 Red
PPG 954643 Silver

or NEXA paint codes
WVD7B Red
WVD8B Silver

Wheels: PPG 954644 2000-2002 Anthracite
PPG Alu grey Sebino 35204189 & Clear Sebino 35209052 2003- Silver
PPG 954663 Gold Magnesium for Oro

Frame: PPG 954644

info from the MV Info site that someone has....sorry i dont know the name. awsome info though

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
i say you just say screw it and get some Dymag CF wheels like Ray said he was going to buy. besides i don't want your bike to look to much like mine! :king:

All kidding aside, have you checked out powdercoating some wheels if you got the older dark ones. i feel like you would get closer to the color. I would also try asking some of the brutale guys that have gone to the marchesini's, i think there are a couple on the board.

·
Registered
878 Posts
My recommendation for what ever it is worth is to have the shop color match you bike. Time and ultraV will affect the color tone over time. If you want exact match, I'd not go with the codes. Shops are pro's at matching colors. I had mine matched when I painted my wheels, and it came out a perfect match. The painter even kept some of it and wrote my name on the can just in case I go back in the near future... :conveyer:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the codes post, but i'm already hip to that. but whenever you want to get your bike painted, you'll see how difficult it can be to find a supplier for those codes. maybe we could have a sticky for paint shops/suppliers for those ppg/nexa codes. not as easy as going to autozone spray can section and picking it up off the shelf.

and what? you mean no one suggested shelling out $2K for some brand new factory ones? :laughing:

dr. suess, if you don't want anyone with a bike that looks like yours, i'd say you got a major problem in bike choice there buddy. :stickpoke

and don't you fret none, my masterpiece alternate look is in the works. these are just for my stock corsa look.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steptoe said:
There were a pair of silvers on ebay UK for 500 squid. Not sure if they sold. No bids when I saw it.
that would be the auction i hosed :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for everyones input. i made my deal. nice to pull that thorn out of my side. gotta love the board. :king: :guitarist

1 - 12 of 12 Posts