MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My base '13 F4 came with 200 rear tire and I wanted to replace the set with the new Dunlop Q3 Plus, which doesn't come in a 200. I can always get the previous model Q3, which comes in a 200, but have read they improved the tire in every performance basis PLUS extending commuter treadlife by 20-30%.

I know people often go from 190 to 180 to make their bikes a little more tossable, but was wondering if anyone is currently running a 190 rear tire in a gen2 F4?

My bike has factory traction control, but no abs.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
What are all the specs on the tire you want to use?

What are all the specs on the tire you have on there now?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Current tires are pirelli super corsa 2's(or whatever the super sticky icky pirelli top of line model tires is?) - they are 200/55/r17 with a 78w rating.

The Dunlop Q3+ model is a 190/55/r17 75w rating.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Yes, the original tire (tyre) is a 190. Changing from a 200/55 to a 190/55 loses 4.5 mm of height. You can decide if you want to compensate for that in the front. The person who put the 200/55 on probably did not adjust ride height.

Either way you are fine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The 200 is stock for the 2013 F4 - maybe it's to compensate for the few extra HP over the 10-12 non rr - the 2013 engine(195hp) is the 2012rr engine - and its the 13rr that adds titanium rods(?? And maybe valves for the extra 6 hp and ~+500 redline)

I bought my bike brand new in the crate - NOS. This will be my first set of tires. One a side note regarding wear: if you ride like a girl(a sissy one to be specific) you can squeeze out a maximum of 3800 miles on the supercorsa sp 2's rears, fronts are only a few miles behind that number.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But aside from the mathematical difference in aspect ratio vs width giving the smaller rolling diameter - is there really anything to be worried about - i.e. My traction control not reconciling wheels rotation speed correctly?? I know that all tires don't exactly measure the same and a lot of 190's are actually a little thinner(marketing reasons) so the academics of it all depends on the actual measurement of the tire vs what's stated on the sidewall- and either way the rear tire has gotta be worn a minimum of 3-5mm shorter than new anyways, so maybe it's all within the margins of spec.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
It'll be fine. Mount the tire and go ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts