MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was surfing the web for a post 2010 subframe without the bracket and came across an aluminium one for the F3 with a claimed weight of 1kg! Was wondering is there any for the newer F4? Think of the weight saving! Evolutionbike.it has a sub category for the subframe but it states "coming soon". The bracket is making battery removal a pain and a used subframe cost £300+ whereas a new F3 aluminium subframe cost about the same.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you're refering to the horrible bracing bracket to strengthen the subframe mounting points, In the UK at least, the importer will sell you a replacement later subframe that doesn't require the brace at cost price.

Edit: cost when I changed mine was £149 + fitting.

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
batteries?

How often do you need to remove the battery, when you replace it every couple of years?
??? I get 6-8 years out of a battery, just like on a car......

no battery tender used either

on all the bikes I've ever owned EXCEPT BMWs.....they are hard on batteries

my Sister's Honda Element is hard on batteries too.......charging voltage 13.59V, my Mother's Lexus was the same...and ate them too

:wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lower price for the subframe is no longer available. The place where I stay is using a public carpark so battery tender is out. The next best thing I can do now is to unplug the battery after use as I don't ride it that often. Haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts