MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
frenaugo said:
Has anyone had any problems with the gearbox?
I can't hear a thing with those Silmoto pipes out my arse. Luckily I haven't ever got a Boddingtons beer can stuck between my fender and tire either. :stickpoke
But I do have shifting issues in first and second. Like I'm shifting a JohnDeer while holding my can of Budweiser. The RC51 is like butter, but well, its still just a Honda.
MikeR

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Schlep said:
I think the owners manual says to always use the clutch. Not using it could likely cause your problem.
I dont use the clutch on upshifts,not had any problems so far.
My Fireblade had 25k on it and no probs.
The constantmesh gears are designed for clutchless upshifts.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
frenaugo said:
Has anyone had any problems with the gearbox?

Mine seem to make noise in second and also won't come out of fifth on the way up at high rpm unless I use the clutch? :stickpoke
The noise could be nothing, but if she jumps out of second gear, you may find your selector arm is bent, which in turn will score the selector drum.
Its not a cheap fix, maybe have it checked out before too long.

This happened on my ZZR600 in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ozboy said:
I dont use the clutch on upshifts,not had any problems so far.
My Fireblade had 25k on it and no probs.
The synchromesh gears are designed for clutchless upshifts.
The gearbox is "constant-mesh" not synchromesh. No synchros.

Still, clutchless upshifts are no problem whatsoever when done properly. On the race track, clutchless upshifts save enough time to matter, and also reduce wear on the clutch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't use the clutch on upshifts much and I know when I need an oil change as I can start to feel the selector engagement slow down and the gears 'touch'. How often are you changing the oil, how many miles/km on the bike, what oil are you using. Might be a small selector problem being made worse by a lubrication problem. Oil gets punished on these bikes.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
lizzardo said:
The gearbox is "constant-mesh" not synchromesh. No synchros.

Still, clutchless upshifts are no problem whatsoever when done properly. On the race track, clutchless upshifts save enough time to matter, and also reduce wear on the clutch.

Right you are Lizzardo,should have thought about that before racing into the reply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts