MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the exhaust and ECU with the homologated system from MV.
Now the bike shows neutral when in first and quick shifter is out.
Is there a relearn needed after an ECU swap?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Does neutral light go out in other gears??? Does sound like a faulty signal to the ECU from the gear position sensor. What year is you bike? what ECU des it have?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Wonder if there is a setting in the config files for that Eldor???? Do you have ECU Studio?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No do not. I will probably just put the stock ECU back in and deal with it after I talk to a dealer about it. I like the fueling better with the new ECU as it is easier to start from a stop as the fueling seems richer off idle. I want to ride the bike more than figure out the new ECU.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what the other ECU was supposed to do. It messed up the shift indicator and threw a code. Bike runs great now; exhaust is a deeper tone.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Some configuration in the parameters of the ECU regarding gear position signal must be off slightly.

Reactions: falcn

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Not sure what the other ECU was supposed to do. It messed up the shift indicator and threw a code. Bike runs great now; exhaust is a deeper tone.
Perhaps it needed a calibration of some sort. Without a workshop manual / installation guide impossible to tell. That or it was somehow not programmed correctly / not picked properly / for the correct model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it from evolution in Italy. They don't seem very good at shipping or filling orders properly. Hoping to find a dealer on the east coast who has knowledge of the bike.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I got it from evolution in Italy. They don't seem very good at shipping or filling orders properly. Hoping to find a dealer on the east coast who has knowledge of the bike.
Unusual that from EvolutionBike, I have used them on a number of occasions and always received first class service

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They listed a part as 10/15 dats out, took almost two months. I ordered a solo cowl, they sent it without the seatpad, never mentioned it until I asked where it was. Now its 3 weeks out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Figured out the issue today.
My bike is a 2021 US model.
It was built by MV as a 2020.
So, it's a e4 bike, not a e5.
So, the E5 CPU won't work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To emphasize- what is most important is to know whether it is Euro 4 or Euro 5. If you call your local dealer, they can pop your VIN into the system and it will tell them what part works for your specific bike.

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 20 of 21 Posts