MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Hope all is well and sound and staying safe!

I have a concern with my new MV Agusta Brutale 800 EAS:

It's my firs MV and I'm not sure if it's normal..

When I'm going in to the firs gear from the neutral, there is a "Click"- sound of gear engagement, witch is normal..,
but when I'm up shifting up in to the second gear there is pretty much the same thing like it was with the first!
All the other Up shifts and down shifts are normal and smooth!!!(except, already a 4 times EAS messed up 5/6 gear change and popped up a Neutral for a sec.. )

Please if any one have an opinion on this, I would really appreciate it!

Cheers
AntonZ:yo:

·
Registered
292 Posts
You could check the clutch cable. It might need adjustment.
Talking about clutch cables, riders should check the cable where it rubs against the fairing behind radiator when bars are turned side to side. Mine had rubbed right through the outer layer of cable exposing metal.

Not sure of clicking sound mate, I will pay attention to mine, but it doesn't have quick shifter.

If your bike comes from MV NZ be prepared for a new Sprag clutch, new gear sensor and lots of fun on our twisty roads. Get a radar detector to save your licence.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's not normal. Mine is smooth from 1st to 2nd. Every now and then I will shift from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch and it's silky smooth with no noise whatsoever.

FYI, I don't have the EAS on my bike.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Talking about clutch cables, riders should check the cable where it rubs against the fairing behind radiator when bars are turned side to side. Mine had rubbed right through the outer layer of cable exposing metal.
I had already noticed slight signs of wear on the cable at this point too... Not a great design!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had already noticed slight signs of wear on the cable at this point too... Not a great design!
Just checked my Dragster.
The cable has an extra sleeve around it and its fastend with a small metal bar behind the radiator.
I think this is how they fixed this issue from the 2014 models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Not sure of clicking sound mate, I will pay attention to mine, but it doesn't have quick shifter.

If your bike comes from MV NZ be prepared for a new Sprag clutch, new gear sensor and lots of fun on our twisty roads. Get a radar detector to save your licence.
Thanks, I'll check that! Bike came from Italy as I live in France. Still on the warranty, buy my garage is on vacation till the end of August.. so I can't check it with them..
Cheers:yo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not normal. Mine is smooth from 1st to 2nd. Every now and then I will shift from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch and it's silky smooth with no noise whatsoever.

FYI, I don't have the EAS on my bike.
Thanks for the info! Will be taking it to the garage as soon as I can!:yo:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks, I'll check that! Bike came from Italy as I live in France. Still on the warranty, buy my garage is on vacation till the end of August.. so I can't check it with them..
Cheers:yo:
Sorry about that AntonZ, my eyes saw the nZ on your name and my brain registered you as a kiwi. You can be an honorary Kiwi if you like, then you might not feel bad when your rugby team plays the All Blacks:smoking:
Good luck with the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about that AntonZ, my eyes saw the nZ on your name and my brain registered you as a kiwi. You can be an honorary Kiwi if you like, then you might not feel bad when your rugby team plays the All Blacks:smoking:
Good luck with the bike.
aiki Hehe,, thank mate. I love NZ. I've been there many times. Great country and good people.
P.S. took my bike to the garage today... all is well !!! )))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My F3 800 is clunky 1st to 2nd. I use clutch for 1st to 2nd and the quick shifter for the rest.
I do the same!

Took to the garage today... all is good!!!))
Guess it's just like that.. need to play with it a little more and get use to it..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi NZ, I am having issues with my B3 800 Italia. 5th to 6th gear changes are a 2 step with a 3 second delay before it actually changes into 6th. I use the clutch with the quick shift tuned off and it seems to have a bad change around 50% of the time. Do you have this problem or any other gear change issues? Cheers from Manawatu NZ.

·
Registered
408 Posts
same as mine Craigo, if i'm pinning it away it won't come out of 1st on the q/s , fine the rest of the way though

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was having trouble figuring out how to smoothly get from 1st to 2nd using the quickshifter on my F3 675. It was recommended to me to make sure that I was holding the throttle in a maintenance position. I have had more success this way, but I still have missed some shifts when I am not paying close attention.

·
Registered
582 Posts
When I'm going in to the firs gear from the neutral, there is a "Click"- sound of gear engagement, witch is normal..,
but when I'm up shifting up in to the second gear there is pretty much the same thing like it was with the first!

AntonZ:yo:
Sounds like you are shifting it to slow. Whenever you bring the bike out of neutral and into gear you will get that 'click.'

However, it sounds like you are shifting it slow and doing 1st into N then into 2nd without noticing. Based on your post I cannot be sure tho, but I think its something to keep in mind.

When you ride next go into 1st, then when you are ready, wedge your foot into the gear lever a bit more before doing a fully committed upshift.

I know I have a different bike to yours, but I dont get that N to 1st click sound when I shift from 1st to 2nd. I do however feel a slight crunch as you push the lever past the N spot.

Hope this helps

Kag

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, yes I have an unusual shift from 5th to 6th on mine but all other gears seem ok. The neutral light coming on that you mention between 5th and 6th is a faulty gear indicator sensor and you can talk with your dealer about an upgraded sensor. I guess your bike is still under warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts