MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings peeps, wondering if any owners have adjusted their gear lever pedal?
I purchased a new pair of A Star mx boots and cannay get my booted foot between footrest and lever, whilst it looks like a simple fix I thought I'd just pose the question before I attempt
Anzacness to u all

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
Yes...I have.

Adjusting the eccentric peg is simple.
If you move the lever on the shaft splines you need to pay attention to possible interference during shifting.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
As above.

Easy process. If there's not enough movement on the eccentric adjustment, you'll have to drop one 'tooth' on the spline. But first reset the eccentric movement to centre so you'll have fine tuning adjustment both up and down.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Greetings peeps, wondering if any owners have adjusted their gear lever pedal?
I purchased a new pair of A Star mx boots and cannay get my booted foot between footrest and lever, whilst it looks like a simple fix I thought I'd just pose the question before I attempt
Anzacness to u all
I raised the shift lever on my '16 TV.
There was not enough adjustment so I had to cut the connector rod and the balljoint housing.

Yes...I have.

Adjusting the eccentric peg is simple.
If you move the lever on the shaft splines you need to pay attention to possible interference during shifting.
Did I miss something; where is the eccentric peg you speak of?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I raised the shift lever on my '16 TV.
There was not enough adjustment so I had to cut the connector rod and the balljoint housing.

Did I miss something; where is the eccentric peg you speak of?
No you did not the posts above refer to the F4 style gear lever which is completely different to the TV.

Loosen the nuts and adjust twist the main rod to lift or lower the peg position. As #Teeps says if there is not enough adjustment then move on the splines or shorten the rod. With respect to the splines dont move it more than a few teeth, you want to keep ~90 degrees between the arm and rod.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
No you did not the posts above refer to the F4 style gear lever which is completely different to the TV.
Ah yes...sometimes I just go too fast for my own good. Missed that this was in the TV section.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hands up anyone who hasn't made that mistake?

Reactions: J.C.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I assumed that is what esq'z me was referring to, as I have seen such thing on other bikes.
But, I've been wrong before....

And, yes the TV could benefit from an adjustable peg style shift lever.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nice stuff but, 300 euro plus postage to the USA, YIKES!
That's the advantage leaving in Europe: postage is less… but still expensive stuff. However, I have a rear brake thanks to the excentric toe peg...

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's the advantage leaving in Europe: postage is less… but still expensive stuff. However, I have a rear brake thanks to the excentric toe peg...
I was able to adjust the stock rear brake pedal high enough for my liking.
And, when there is no air in the rear brake system; the pedal is high and firm.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was able to adjust the stock rear brake pedal high enough for my liking.
And, when there is no air in the rear brake system; the pedal is high and firm.
Pedal position is also question of reference. Depending upon you previous bikes, you may find the position perfect or too low, even though there is no air in the brake system...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts